BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all of the recent talk of front strut braces (new releases from Benfer, UUC, Breyton; and can't forget Karl's home grown - nice work!:thumbup: ) i wanted to know if there is a noticeable difference in handling with it's addition.

on my GTI, i ran front (neuspeed - $70) and rear (eurosport - $50), and i felt that the chassis was stiffened during hard cornering, but the buy in was CONSIDERABLEY less. i know, i know, this is a BMW, not a VW, but with the exception of the Benfer CF, do they really warrant these prices? are the gains in handling that good?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
You would get more gains out of upgrading your sways than putting in a front strut brace. Unless you are tracking your car hard, you won't even feel or need it. On the other hand, it is nice eye candy when you pop the hood :D That said, I invest in one myself :)

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
doughsun said:
You would get more gains out of upgrading your sways than putting in a front strut brace. Unless you are tracking your car hard, you won't even feel or need it. On the other hand, it is nice eye candy when you pop the hood :D That said, I invest in one myself :)
werd
:thumbup:

·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i've kind of gotten the feeling that it's more of an eye candy mod unless you are tracking the car (which i'm not)....i still want one, i guess i'm just trying to justify it...:confused: :D

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
i say this if you like to go fast around

corners and curves get front and back cross braces and front and back sway bars to. you will feel like you are like on a rail hehehe.
and of cource without mention lowering your car to. very thing works together.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nd of cource without mention lowering your car to
thanks Bob:thumbup:...i just ordered the AC Schnitzer Sport Suspension Kit (Shocks/Struts/Springs), so i'll be dropped soon enough...i just can't decide if i want to blow the money on a strut brace or go with an SSK first...(but the evo3 is on back order for my car, and i have my apprehensions about getting involved with a looooooong wait...)

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
if thats gonna be the only suspesion mod.......then NOPE......drop your car, get some sways, then add the strut bar for minimal gains and eye candy

·
Registered
281 Posts
Jeff43~
EVO 3 shouldn't be on backorder for our car, says so on the site, but I ordered and got mine 4 days later... this was last week

·
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dinizzle: thanks for the heads up on the evo3...:thumbup:

He& His: this would be a complement to my ACS Sport Suspension, so not my only mod, but maybe sways would be a better investment....

thanks for the advice guys...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts