BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a front strut brace for my car. I don't want an e-bay one.

I've found several manufacturers who have them. I'm not looking for the prettiest one, I'm just looking for one that does the job good and has a reasanoble price.

Sofar I found, Hamann, Hartge, Ac-Schnitzer.. Who knows more brands?? (that are available in europe).

What is your opinion? Does the strut brace help? How different does it feel?

I know Stu has one in England, I like that one, is it AC-Schnitzer?

Thanks for helping me!

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
What about Dinan? or Racing Dynamics?

TO be honest, a strut brace wont help you much at all when it comes to handling. Our chassis is pretty stiff from the factory already. if you really want to have a go cart handling BMW, get some sway bars. Their impact is much more greater, Especially on the convertibles. I speak from experience! UUC Barbarians!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it doesn't have to drive like a cart.. But now the hardtop is on I noticed how much stiffer the car feels (and is). My interior mirror doesn't shake anymore and less rattles..

So I thought.. let's add a strutt brace. But if the car doesn't get any stiffer it's needless..

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
yea, the strut brace definitely wont do much in this case (not compared to what the hard top did to stiff up the chassis. )

but the Strut / Sways are essential to tie the suspension points together to prevent flex. Thus stiffening the chassis even further. greatly reducing body roll.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. but that wil be a lot of $$$$$$$$!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts