E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Brand new here, looking forward to getting to know everyone! Apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place..

So I've got a question and I want to know if I'm being unreasonable. Two months and a few days ago I had my local owner-operated European car repair shop fix my 2005 325ci's front-right headlight. The headlight itself turned out to be fine; the problem was the ignition unit, as well as some wiring that was worn bare due to the movement of the headlight.

Last night the same headlight failed again.

Is this something I should be upset at my repair place about? Guess I may also be a little frustrated because I had the car in only just last week to get my starter motor replaced. Oh, hmmm, you guys don't think the work on the starter could have caused the new headlight issue do you?

Cheers!
asterizk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So this one ended up having a happy ending!

After calming down I finally reached what I think was the correct conclusion, which was that I should take the car in, explain the situation, and see what happens.

Two hours later, I got a phone call from the shop owner, who determined the cause was a bare wire & fixed it. Then told me "No charge." Guess who became a very happy camper? :)

Gonna get him a thank-you card at the very least. Maybe a gift certificate somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts