E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing around with an electrical issue with my front passesnger parkinglight/blinker. As of right now I have a bulb out indicator on my dash but the bulb as far as I can tell is still good. For the past few weeks, almost a month now I was having concetion issuses to where the clip plugs into the back of the bulb holder. It would think the bulb is out but then as soon as I flip on the blinker it would get a connection and work for a little or all day, depending. Does anyone know where I can get a new clip possibly?

Also, when ever I took out my lens to try and get my clip into a spot where it would stay on the clip itself and the wires leading up to it would be pretty warm, almost hot to the touch. Almost as if there was to much current going through the wires. Are theses lights known to draw alot of energy? The reason I put this up here is that I wondering that if the wires arent supposed to be hot that hopefully I havent fried anything. I looked in the fuse bay to see if maybe I blew one but I didnt see anything for the blinkers. Is there?

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
get a screw driver lift the clip that touches the bottom of the bulb up a bit.
also make sure there is no rust or corrosion on any of the surface including inside the plug.
also if youve never done the tail light mod, do it now.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you say tail light mod do you mean the DIY recall- mod that people are doin?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Also check the black piece of plastic that is inside the socket and fits around the bulb base. One of mine was extremely loose and would cause intermittent operation. I glued it in the the socket as far down as possible and viola , problem solved. This of course would be for the front blinkers.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Bimmer App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts