E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched all over for a solution but no ones seems to have this same problem.

A year ago I installed an LED interior light kit and everything worked great for months. Now the two front map lights won't turn on. All the other lights work fine (Yes, even the rear map lights and trunk lights work still). The ONLY lights that don't work are the front map.

I've read all the threads about putting a resistor in or even just one halogen bulb back in to make them work...I've tried putting BOTH halogens back in but I still can't get them to turn on.

Any idea's?

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
750 Posts
I have had the same problem for so long. I installed the kit and the rear LEDs dont work and neither does the center map and side map lights. Plus it made my halos do some funky SOS crap. I never found a fix and i heard it only has happened to like 3 vehicles. Im going to xenon for interior as LED exterior is fine....:ben:

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
xenon for interior? you guys nuts?
I saw this dbag put xenon for his reverse lights.

as for OP, if your original bulbs are not working either, you probably broke something.
sometimes, when a circuit is designed to work on halogen bulbs is not supposed to work on LED's cuz the impedance is just very difference and that can cause **** to break.

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
750 Posts
xenon for interior? you guys nuts?
I saw this dbag put xenon for his reverse lights.

as for OP, if your original bulbs are not working either, you probably broke something.
sometimes, when a circuit is designed to work on halogen bulbs is not supposed to work on LED's cuz the impedance is just very difference and that can cause **** to break.

Sorry man...hate to tell you that your whole post is just bananas. For one...I may be nuts...or so Im told. I was one of those D-Bags that had xenon exterior lights. I think you may be thinking of a ballast controlled HID instead of xenon gas filled bulbs from say Bimmian. Power consumption from an LED is greatly reduced from a standard filament bulb. The circuit "should" still work. Very rarely will it not work. We are that exception. I have to fiddle with my car and see whats up. Unfortunately, its 8000 miles away in a garage and will be there for another year. So honestly...i dont care..lmao.:lmao:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Power consumption and resistance are unrelated. It is quite possible that the LEDs caused the problem over time.

Obviously, the first thing to check are fuses.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Sorry man...hate to tell you that your whole post is just bananas. For one...I may be nuts...or so Im told. I was one of those D-Bags that had xenon exterior lights. I think you may be thinking of a ballast controlled HID instead of xenon gas filled bulbs from say Bimmian. Power consumption from an LED is greatly reduced from a standard filament bulb. The circuit "should" still work. Very rarely will it not work. We are that exception. I have to fiddle with my car and see whats up. Unfortunately, its 8000 miles away in a garage and will be there for another year. So honestly...i dont care..lmao.:lmao:
clearly, you dont know how circuit works. a diode is a diode, I dont know what kind of resistor they use on your LED bulb, if there is none, you gonna blow the circuit that controls the LED bulb since the resistance of a diode when on is zero.
and also whats the point of xenon filled bulb since its just pretty much the same as halogen bulbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts