E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a good deal on a set of front M3 CSL brakes (calipers, carriers, rotors) and set of SHOCKS/STRUTS with sport springs for front and back. To be honest I always dreamed of big drilled rotors and big calipers, so when I saw this eBay listing I couldn’t stop… also I was thinking to balance heavier front brakes it’s a good idea to upgrade suspension as well. Brakes and shocks had only 30K miles, so they are in very good condition, sport springs are almost news – only 7K

Now, comes the question how to fit all this to my non-M3 e46 2.5 sport coupe? I knew I would have to make some modification to caliper carriers to fit my non-m3 hub, but I decided to find M3 hubs instead. When I’m referring to hub/front spindle, this is what I mean:

Somehow I was pretty confident that M3 hub/front spindle will solve all my problems, but now I doubt that and I think I might to change tie rods and maybe some other bits of front suspension as well? Also front top mount has slightly different angle, can this be a problem?

And finally the last question, - is it worth it? Will I get some performance/handling improvements apart from sexy looking breaks? Or it’s not worth it and I should just sell it to another enthusiast???

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
If I were you I'd sell these. The amount of work required to make them fit, plus the introduction of a suspension not designed your car makes this mod not worth. You'd be better getting a pair of 330 brakes, which are plug and play and use them with a pair of BMW perforated floating rotors, good pads and refreshed fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts