BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing H&R lowering springs on my 325i the front is lower than the rear. Is there any way to make it even?

Also, I just got my Koni Sport Shocks today. I figured since I upgraded my spring I'd upgrade my shocks as well. The front shocks are adjustable. I'm not sure how Firm I should have the setting? Any ideas?

Plus got my new front brembo cross drilled rotors today with EBC break pads that claim to elminate dust by 70%. I'm installing them this saturday...I'll post pics. Thanks

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
you can cut the spring, but there's a purpose for that...our cars are rear-wheel drive, so the back is not dropped as much to allow clearence for the rear-wheels driving!

·
Registered
41 Posts
GrkBeemer82 said:
After installing H&R lowering springs on my 325i the front is lower than the rear. Is there any way to make it even?

Also, I just got my Koni Sport Shocks today. I figured since I upgraded my spring I'd upgrade my shocks as well. The front shocks are adjustable. I'm not sure how Firm I should have the setting? Any ideas?

Plus got my new front brembo cross drilled rotors today with EBC break pads that claim to elminate dust by 70%. I'm installing them this saturday...I'll post pics. Thanks
there is noway u can make it even~~cutting the spring is foolish~~and after u install your shocks~~~your rear will even higher~~~coz my old E46 328i( H&R racew/blistien sport) and my 330ci~both car~the rear is higher then those who only put H&R race on thire car.....is that funny??

·
Banned
1,504 Posts
the rear is higher cause of style, thats the design.. reason is alot of ppl like to put really fat ruber in the back so leaving it a bit higer in relation to the front drop gives alot more clearance

ull sometimes even see cars with the rears higher then stock to put some mega rims back there

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have the Konis too. And the rear is much higher too. I think it will even out when I get the stereo installed. :D
Dont adjust the shocks for the first month. It could ruin the shocks. Drive around with the softest setting for the first month. Then you can adjust it to more firmer setting.

·
Alpha Male
7,152 Posts
Get the E36 M3 rear race springs. That will effectively even out the cars stance. That setup is also know as the "Jawknee setup"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts