BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just took my licence plate and plate holder off my Ci and noticed two open holes where the screws were.

how did you guys cover this or did you cover them up at all?

input please

·
Registered
570 Posts
do you mean two holes where it looks like it was just drilled in?

i have four holes on top. Two holes that were like built in, but two that were like drilled and looked like a 10 min drill job.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just left mine too... since I plan on replacing the bumper, but I'd think that some body filler and a small amount of touch up paint would work just fine, although I'm not sure this is the accepted method around here...

·
No more E46 :(
2,656 Posts
I read that you can fill them up with clear silicon and touch them up with touch up paint. I am gonna try that when I get my touch up paint.:D

·
Banned
9,049 Posts
my dealer was really nice guy. and put them in the little line in the bumper.. the bumper. top part of it. theres a small line. well he drilled 2 holes in there and so when i took em off, it was noo way possible to take em off.

not i have mtech and no one drilled anything. and i m even scared to drill in ther e:(

·
Conceited Prick
2,135 Posts
MY dealer was even nicer by leaving it in the trunk where it belongs. It's still wrapped and unopened.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
i used to have a front plate bracket on my old bumper, i took it off once, and it didn't look too good.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
i've heard of cleaning the whole and doing the silicon/touch up paint thing

as for me, i just left them. i want to replace the bumper anyway, so im not making any extra effort in that area

·
Registered
86 Posts
I removed the plate holder from mine, and put on the strip ($19) myself. As far as the holes, I found these tiny plastic "buttons" at Home Depot and painted them the same color as my bumper Steel Grey. Got the paint from Pep Boys, the paint matched exactly. They came out PERFECT!!! If you have Steel Grey, I can tell you what kind of paint I used. Also the little buttons come in black, white, and off white.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
premiumg said:
do you mean two holes where it looks like it was just drilled in?

i have four holes on top. Two holes that were like built in, but two that were like drilled and looked like a 10 min drill job.

yup. those are the holes im talkin about

1 - 12 of 12 Posts