E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, need to do some recon work on my bimmer over the next few weeks. First off my car has 133K on it and I have had the front struts replaced recently. The is an audible "clunk" coming from the right front and the car handles terribly these days, pulls all over the road and the tires wore bad on the outsides. Here is a picture of the tire wear:

I am assumming its probably FAB's? Lots of questions to come... thanks for your info!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
The picture of the tire reveals a severe under inflation and/or as mentioned above totally shot control arms and bushings. Is this a front or rear tire? Issues like this in the rear could be TABs which if not changed in 133K are surely shot! Alignment ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought so, thanks bro! I was just looking over the DIY on here, great stuff. The noise comes a lot.. over bumps, braking - slow speeds is when I notice it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The picture of the tire reveals a severe under inflation and/or as mentioned above totally shot control arms and bushings. Is this a front or rear tire? Issues like this in the rear could be TABs which if not changed in 133K are surely shot! Alignment ?
Alignment was done when they replaced the struts at 120K. This is the front of the car. The back tires look fine. I always check my tire pressure and am pretty sure they were never under inflated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should I replace the rear ones anyways? Does someone have a link or information maybe regarding what all items I should replace? I am already doing brakes all around, rear struts (as I mentioned the fronts only have 13K on them) and now front A arms... what else should I be looking at?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Sway links, control arms, bushings and tierods up front. Trailing arm bushings and shocks in the rear are a must at minimum. Replacing the front struts and not doing the rears could be down right dangerous. I don't see how alignment could wear a tire like you show. Unless you wore the inside and changed the alignment and wore the outside?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is the best place online to get the suspension parts... Searching google, I havent come across anything really yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts