E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So about a week or so ago I installed Tein SuperStreet coilovers. They are friggin' awesome. About 2-3 days later, I noticed a noise coming from the front driver's side. It sounds like something wobbling or clunking, which lead me to believe it was metal on metal.

At first I thought it was the bolt that anchors the bottom of the strut in the clamp. I checked that out the next day, it was as tight as can be. I also noticed that the 3 strut mount bolts were a bit loose. Tightened those bad boys up. Noise did not go away.

Next culprit was the control arm bushing. I went ahead and replaced the control arms and bushings. Noise did not go away.

After reading more threads on here, I saw that everyone mentioned checking the sway bar endlinks. I completely took out the sway bar, including endlinks, bushings, and brackets. Noise did not go away.

Today I noticed that the knob to adjust the damper on the driver's side is not clicking properly. It is either screwed in or it comes right out.....odd (pictures of this shown below).

If I had to guess right now, it would be the strut mount. I can switch the two of them to see if the noise transfers to the passenger side, but I'm too lazy. If I'm going to do that I'd rather install new mounts.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not too much. Maybe 1.5 in the front. I was already lowered on racelands so I don't know how much lower I am than stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.