BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting a cheap dds replacement has anyone run dds front drive shafts before.

Alternative would be trying to replace the ujoint I just dont know the part number or size of the ujoint.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was trying to do this cheaper. The shop in texas I read they charge like 330 plus you have to ship your old one back. so maybe 330-360 total not bad...

I might try and replace them its really not that hard. But I ended up ordering one for 50 bucks shipped its a used unit but it look really minty.

Other after market ones
powertrain one year warranty 300 bucks.
DDS driveshafts 230 3 year warranty from one bmw parts store. Eeuropart says lifetime but i dont know if I trust that company.
autozone or advanced dorman lifetime warranty 300 bucks

a few on ebay for 150 bucks and 2 year warranty too.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
The one in Texas sends you a shipping label for the return and uses premium parts. If you just need something to get by the used one might be just fine. Putting greasable joints in your old one is fine for the front one, much more accessible than the rear.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I cant wait to pop this new one this noise has been driving me nuts for months. I may check out the texas place for the rear driveshaft. Im hoping my issue is the front one it mostly.

check out the cup on this ujiont it like exploded

1 - 6 of 6 Posts