E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have a bulb burned out in my front corner lens. I cant figure out for the life of me how to remove it. i read the diy instructions and to no avail, i still cant take the damn thing out. what tab am i supposed to be sticking the screw driver in>? Any input is appreciated. :ben:

·
Registered
749 Posts
it is in the oval hole on the side of the engine bay, i think you know which one i am talkin about. And then you shove a flat head screw driver in this little like groove "cup" almost, and push down and foward at the same time (so your effectivly pushing the light out the front of the car). I dont know if this gives you any help, but i tried. It really isnt that hard

·
TX Dinan 3
795 Posts
there is a hole on the frame behind the light. if you look into it you should see a grey plastic tunnel looking item surrounding a screw. loosen this screw and then grab the side of the light with your fingernail or something to work it out of the car. unhook the bulb harness and you are set to go

·
Registered
660 Posts
Shine some light down the hole with a flashlight to find the silver tab. It takes a while to find it if you just stick a screwdriver down and poke around blindly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
it's just like everyone is saying, there's that oval hole there on the side of the engine bay. just loosen the screw (not all the way off) and pull out the light. if you take the screw all the way out it's not really bad BUT it's a pain in the a$$ to put back in. good luck!:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.