BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to my mechanic yesterday, and he said that my front control arm bushings were bad, and that the total to replace them would be 380. I decided to go online and get the part myself, and then take them to him to install, as I am sure that will drastically reduce the cost. My question is should I go with the Powerflex bushings or these ones for ebay that are twenty dollars less?

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180407937279&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123#ht_2285wt_941

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If you're just gonna replace bushings, u can DIY and save like $300!!! pretty easy..u just need proper tools.
Try online shop that titan_3 mentioned, or get meyle, powerflex, any other good quality bushings from online store.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I would never buy anything from "speed daddy" even if it was $1000 cheaper, just say no to ebay. Id go with Powerflex, Ive actually got a set sitting in my garage right now waiting to go on.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i got my powerflex ones on ebay.. worked out fine.. i even got a free ss clutch line with the order.. pretty slick..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are meyle ones any good?

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Powerflex are a matter of personal preference.... I didn't like the additional feedback I got in the steering wheel from mine. I use their bushings in my E36 subframe, but will never use them up front, on either car, again.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
OEM FTW

dont get the cheap stuff or else youll find yourself changing them again in about in about 3 monthes....ask me how i know :eeps:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i bought some "OE spec control are bushings" for like 70 bucks on the forum...3 monthes later bushing needed to get replaced again...OEM all the way...after that experience ill never buy anything thats not oem except perfomance parts

·
/// Limitless
3,505 Posts
And like Titan_3 said "a matter of personal preference". I have PowerFlex all around and love the extra feedback but it really is all about preference.

As for eBay, it's a great place to shop if you know what you're doing. To imply that you need to avoid eBay is ignorant. You just need to be an informed buyer. Sometimes you can get the exact same product on eBay at a substantial savings.

Meyle is a good brand FYI. I used the Meyle HD CA's when I change mine out but went with PowerFlex over the Meyle bushings. DIY and put the rest of the money in a mod.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
i bought some "OE spec control are bushings" for like 70 bucks on the forum...3 monthes later bushing needed to get replaced again...OEM all the way...after that experience ill never buy anything thats not oem except perfomance parts
:facepalm: man that sux

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
im just gona have to lurn the hard way i already put them on:facepalm: the one from the dealer r like over $200 each for control arms

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
im just gona have to lurn the hard way i already put them on:facepalm: the one from the dealer r like over $200 each for control arms

yea i know but well worth it....i :facepalm: myself for that one, but hey you learn from your mistakes

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
hey pharaoh sorry for th OT but i thought this would be the best way to contact you. I've pm'd you several times about the dinan strut bar but seems that something is happening to where the messages aren't getting through to you.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Does anyone know if the Meyle bushings have the same feedback as the PowerFlex or more like the OEM feel? I just want something that last longer than the OEM but drive and has the feel like it. :hmm:

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Does anyone know if the Meyle bushings have the same feedback as the PowerFlex or more like the OEM feel? I just want something that last longer than the OEM but drive and has the feel like it. :hmm:
Meyle are rubber, where PF are polyurethane. PF will definitely give you a lot more feedback.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
The meyle hd fcabs have that oem feel. :str8pimpi

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Meyle are rubber, where PF are polyurethane. PF will definitely give you a lot more feedback.
What are the OEM ones made out of? Rubber also? Are there any other differences? Thanks--I am just doing my homework for the near future. I would hate to have to be the one to buy and hate it, then have to switch it out again :tsk:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts