E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
That picture won't help because it doesn't show the steering knuckles. But okay, I don't have any drawing tools handy, but cropped out everything except the bottom of the front struts. These insert into the steering knuckle. A tab or bump on the back of the struts slides into a groove in the knuckle. If strut is not aligned properly, the nub won't slide into the grove so the strut bottom doesn't slide all the way into the steering knuckle and your front end sits too high. Jack up front end, put on jack stands, remove front wheels. Inspect backs of steering knuckles to see if nub on coilover is in the groove. Put jack below knuckle to support it. Loosen pinch bolt on knuckle. Twist strut body if needed to align nub with groove. Slowly raise knuckle with jack until bottom of strut (coilover) is fully seated inside steering knuckle. If that fails, post photos of the back of the steering knuckle with the strut lower end sitting in it.

Edit: OK, now you force me to reveal how bad my drawing skills are in MS Paint using a laptop trackpoint!!! See added image from RealOEM that I've mutilated.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.