E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OO[][]OO
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see so many new E46's lately (mostly Ci's) with clears only on the front and the sides (fenders), but with the amber & red tail lights on the back ! what's up with that ? .... is that the way they are coming from the factory now ?

THX

ps: btw for example there is the same story with the new '03 Audi A6 2.7 QT ... now they come with amber & red tails on the back, compared to my old '99 A6 2.8 Q which was standard with red/clear on the back ......... It sound as some new retro fashion is coming ....... does N 1 know what is going on ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I only have clears on the front /side because I liked how the rear looked w/ amber. However, the more time I spend here seeing clear rears I'm changing my mind and will probably do them before too long.

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Yeah, the rear clears are more expensive. I was driving around with just front and side clears for awhile, but I think it looks a lot better with clears all around.

My friend with an e36 left his rears amber, because he likes the way it looks. Oh well, to each his own.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
I think the case is that it's cheaper to get the fronts and sides, so people get those, then they buy the rears. Rears are the expensive ones

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Exactly. I have clear fronts/sides because I couldn't afford the whole package at once. Rears are on the way now from Maximillion. Silver cars look like a$$ with clear fronts and amber rears! :banghead:

Bart

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
i drove aroudn w/ my car like that for about 1 week. it looked :ghey: so i had to dish out the 30o bucks for the rears ASAP!

·
Registered
846 Posts
i have front clears...but the side marker adn the rear are still stock...
i never got around to doing the sides yet...so i'll do them rite now!
and...the rear is just $$$$$$
dun feel like spending that extra money yet cuz im putting about $1K in my car this week..erk~
damn mod bug

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
was following a topaz coupe today to the NJ meet with its ambers still on, i thought it looked great! some cars look good with amber, some with clear, some with both

so not having clears is nothing to be ashamed of :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts