E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the only two places i found to get clear reflectors for the front bumber are procarparts.com ($30+S&H) and autodynamic.com ($40+S&H. the site bmw330ci.com recommends).

i read somewhere that procarparts.com sux with the reflectors but when i looked at the pictures at bmw330ci.com they both look exactly the same. so are they both crappy parts from the same manufacturer or what?

is there any other place that i can get clear reflectors? (ebay has it but the only ones i found where from procarparts.)

thanx.

·
Registered
609 Posts
please paint them same as your car body color, dont get clear one :thumbdwn: IMO sorry

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah man. i read a thread about whether to go clear or colored and i saw majority of u guys liked the painted ones.
but that's just not my taste. it looks like i painted over something i shouldnt have.
i'll be more happy if i can get in shaved but that's too much work and time.

so, are reflectors from autodynamic and procarparts the same thing? any others places i can order?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you are going clear, SPP has them also.

I'm going to put the clear ones on my new 328Ci and see how I like them while I have the old amber ones painted. Then I can go back and forth. I don't know whether I will like clear or body color better but I'll be able to change them to suit me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
BEKSA said:
nah man. i read a thread about whether to go clear or colored and i saw majority of u guys liked the painted ones.
but that's just not my taste. it looks like i painted over something i shouldnt have.
i'll be more happy if i can get in shaved but that's too much work and time.

so, are reflectors from autodynamic and procarparts the same thing? any others places i can order?:rolleyes:
I agree with you on the painted reflectors, it looks like the factory goofed and made an error. I got mine at AutoDynamics as well. What a pain-in-the-ass to get them to fit correctly. Lots of "shaving" with a razor knife and I had to push so hard I thought they would crack for sure. They finally snapped in and they look factory to me. Good luck. I think the 330Ci.com site has a DIY on these clear reflectors.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have tried both and decided that I like the clears better (at least for now). The body-colored ones looked great to me at first, but then I started feeling like they looked out of place.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i think most of clear reflector made in Taiwan? isnt?

·
Registered
695 Posts
fucy626 said:
please paint them same as your car body color, dont get clear one :thumbdwn: IMO sorry
I second that

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd say clear reflectors for the 330 if you have a stock body kit setup, and painted reflectors if you have any aftermarket body kit

·
ROI-ndian
288 Posts
your decision, i got the clears, i think they are same from all places, even on bmw330ci the guy says they crack easy, i got mine from procarparts, they did crack easily, got go be really careful

but procarparts quailty on a lot of their products is below standard, i had an issue with eyelids last year, one fit the other i guess they sent one for a sedan and they wouldnt let me return it....:thumbdwn: they should of corrected their own error

the rear clear reflectors go in without a problem, that is prob only part i got from them that i was satisfied, i had clear frotn corners to replace my broken on and that cracked during installation @!!! WTF :ben:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts