E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my car is a little lower than I'm used to. It's a 2004 330Ci with H&R racing springs. Anyway, I tore the driver's side corner of my front bumper on a parking block today. Only the corner under the headlight has been affected. I believe the tabs have been ripped so the bumper sags a bit. How screwed am I? Is this a common thing for body shops to repair? And how much is it roughly? I really hope I don't have to drop ~$300 for the bumper, another $400 to get it painted, plus labor for the install. I included a few pics. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
Is the paint that bad?

On the facelifted coupes, the brackets are a little harder to get to, but either you can just re tighten the brackets or you may have to get new ones.

This kind of repair (if I'm assuming right, that its something to do with the brackets) will usually cost ALOT of money at a body shop. They can take that bumper off in like 2 minuets, but they charge you for 8.7 hours.

Unless you're a fan of blowing money, maybe find a friend or a local fanatic who would help you figure out whats up with your bumper and help get those brackets lined back up :dunno:

goodluck

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the car just needs to get washed BAD but I've been busy lol. Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Go ahead and get under the car. Have a look around. You will learn that most issus of this nature can be DIY. Save yourself loads of cash that you can reinvest into your toolbox. Kind of fun, too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might have to do that. But I'm fairly certain I broke these 'tabs' that connected the bumper. After I pulled away from the spot and heard the damage, I went to have a closer look. Some notches/tabs fell back into the lower bumper when I tried to pop it back in. :-/

·
Registered
342 Posts
also make sure your ambient temp sensor is still there lol usually gets ripped off on those parking things, along with the lower panel it clips into.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts