BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some knoking sound whin hit a Bump, also have vibration in high speeds, and bad control.
When did a look under the car, I havent see any thing wrong, the boshings are still ok ( 30k on them only) control arms (my dupt ) no thing clear about them, tie rods ( no thing clear too ).... etc, just cant see any thing wrong.

Is there a way that I can ispect the whole front axle( instead of just looking ) to find what's making knokin and cousing bad control. I'm planing to fix everyting there.

Thanks,

·
Registered
685 Posts
+1^^^ for sway bar end links that caused the knocking noise oner bumps. But if your car is loosing control every time you went over bumps then it is a signed of bad control arms ball joints and blown struts. Time for front suspension rebuild.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Take it to Firestone for a free alignment inspection. Tell them your issues and concerns might be because the car is badly aligned and they can maybe help you out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lots of potential issues here. CABs are high on the list because they rely on rubber. Ball joints and sway bar links less prone to go bad fast because the joint itself is metal on metal. Once the car is up on a lift it should be pretty easy to figure out what is really wrong. Could be a combination of the above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts