BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do u consider it as a downgrade?
my first car was a clk 430. it was a sexy sleek looking car. nice v8 growling sound. but the handling doesnt match up with the v8.
i eventually got a 330ci. (i only want cars that are in stock i hate waiting.) so no M3s for me.

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,749 Posts
a downgrade, but not that bad, I wouldn't get a clk430 if given to me, I like the clk55 though.

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
it would be a downgrade

only if your 430 was an AMG..........if not, dont even sweat it, 330's can hold theirs pretty good

·
Registered
898 Posts
i think it is somewhat of a downgrade, not much except for the price, performance wise though the torque thats in that v8 is unbelieveable compared to our 6. also the MB is more luxury then sport, and bmw is more sport then luxury. MB rides smoother, is quicker(although i have step, so u guys with the 5 speed might disagree), handling is better in the bimmer and u get a better feel for the road, i dont know how to explain that one, but i feel more confident in my car, then when im driving my friends car( i know its not mine, but ive probably put over 1000 miles on his car, so im pretty used to it) but i think these 2 cars are the nicest sport/lux coupes on the market, although i saw a white G35c yesterday with the 18s and bodykit and that looked soo nice. but i still like the styling of the 3 series coupes better over the G35c. but thats just my .02c

·
Registered
686 Posts
w00t!!! that's a huge downgrade! From a CLK320 to a 330ci is not that bad but from a CLK430 to a 330ci? WTF? LOL :p

·
Registered
395 Posts
SL500 said:
do u consider it as a downgrade?
my first car was a clk 430. it was a sexy sleek looking car. nice v8 growling sound. but the handling doesnt match up with the v8.
i eventually got a 330ci. (i only want cars that are in stock i hate waiting.) so no M3s for me.
big mistake:banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Are you joking?

The clk430 will never ever handle like the 330ci...430 feels like a tub and a big one...330ci has razor sharp handling and great looks...i drove the clk430 and got a 330ci....

but the clk55 is a different story :thumbup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
RacingDynamcs said:
Are you joking?

The clk430 will never ever handle like the 330ci...430 feels like a tub and a big one...330ci has razor sharp handling and great looks...i drove the clk430 and got a 330ci....

but the clk55 is a different story :thumbup:
As I said: KLEEMANN Speed Sensitive Sports Suspension system, Koni strut bars, and 18's should do the trick :thumbup:

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Performance/handling-wise, I think the two are comparable.

But when people think downgrade, they think price/value of the car.

The CLK430 was in the 50,000+ range
The 330Ci is in the low 40,000 range

So by price/value, it is a big downgrade...

But what people don't realize is that when it comes to performance/handling, it's not much of a downgrade.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
I'd say its even, the car is just as capable, better handling, and looks just as good. Money wise its a downgrade but I think its a better car becuase I wouldn't be getting an auto

·
'a certain moderator'
38,188 Posts
downgrade in power maybe, but i'd be willing to bet the 330 will carve the road better than the old gen CLK... plus, ur in a bimmer now :thumbup:

-brendan

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
in Canada, the clk 430 comes with the clk 55 AMG areo body kit. this car looks exactly like the clk 55 except the dual exhust tips

some pics i took b4 i got rid of my clk 430.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts