BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
:yikes: you're kidding me right? I am not getting any quotes less than $200 from OH to CA.. how did you do it?
There is another way instead of trying to find a large box to fit the wheel. If you're shipping rims only, then go that route. If you are shipping rims & tires, you can cut circles out of thick cardboard. Washer, dryer or refrigerator boxes are the best.

I PM'd this advice to another fanatic for his sale. He said it went smoothly. I forget what the shipping for each wheel was, but I believe the amount was between $25-40 per wheel. I'll try to find the receipts from my sales. PM me if you want help. I'm a bit anal when it comes to things like this. If you have the patience, just hit me up. If you were local, I'd drive over and show you in person. :thumbsup:

·
WHEEL GUY
319 Posts
one of the better ways for you guys to ship, ask your local wheel or performance shop that you already do business with if they will ship for you.
I do it for my customers & those that just come in. We ship wheels & stuff everyday so have daily ups pickups & always have boxes.
Yes we charge but get a better rate than you would. & BY us boxing it there is less chance of damage, ups sucks on claims, they all do.
YOur local shops may do the same for you.

AL'S HUBCAPS
490 JERICHO TPKE.
MINEOLA NY 11501
516 742 6823

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
There is another way instead of trying to find a large box to fit the wheel. If you're shipping rims only, then go that route. If you are shipping rims & tires, you can cut circles out of thick cardboard. Washer, dryer or refrigerator boxes are the best.

I PM'd this advice to another fanatic for his sale. He said it went smoothly. I forget what the shipping for each wheel was, but I believe the amount was between $25-40 per wheel. I'll try to find the receipts from my sales. PM me if you want help. I'm a bit anal when it comes to things like this. If you have the patience, just hit me up. If you were local, I'd drive over and show you in person. :thumbsup:
That's usually how I ship wheels and tires. My post was in response to the guy who was claiming he did it for $62 for all 4 from VA to WA.. :read: Otherwise $25-40 per wheel sounds absolutely doable...

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
That's usually how I ship wheels and tires. My post was in response to the guy who was claiming he did it for $62 for all 4 from VA to WA.. :read: Otherwise $25-40 per wheel sounds absolutely doable...
Oh, okay. Just trying to help. On another note...Al's Hubcaps is a sponsor here??:excited:

I just found out where you are located. I need to bring in some Superleggera's for curb rash repair. I went to a spot on Merrick that wanted to tear me a new one. :tsk:

·
WHEEL GUY
319 Posts
we'll try & be gentle, got a whole jar of k-y just in case

AL'S HUBCAPS
490 JERICHO TPKE.
MINEOLA, NY
516-742-6823

·
WHEEL GUY
319 Posts
M-f 9-6, Sat. 9-1
Al Or Scott

·
Registered
10,786 Posts
If you guys are local, you can feel free to bring wheels/tires to us for shipping, if time permits for us. We ship wheel/tires all day and night and have the packaging/shipping method down to a science. Just pay for shipping, cost of packaging, and some money for packaging labor.

·
Registered
10,786 Posts
If you guys are local, you can feel free to bring wheels/tires to us for shipping, if time permits for us. We ship wheel/tires all day and night and have the packaging/shipping method down to a science. Just pay for shipping, cost of packaging, and some money for packaging labor.

·
Registered
851 Posts
RL Carrier only charged $165 to ship from Ohio to NorCal.
– Free pick-up
– from commercial building to another (residential is an additional $20 i think)
– 20" wheels w/ tires
– shrink wrapped on a pallet (which they recommended)
– estimated weight was 160 (actual weight is 200 but they dont really check).

·
Banned
218 Posts
Curious, if you ship wheels with tires isn't it a little cheaper as you don't need a full box just a cover for the top of the wheel? And I am assuming you would deflate the tire to reduce weight. Am I off-base on any of this?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Curious, if you ship wheels with tires isn't it a little cheaper as you don't need a full box just a cover for the top of the wheel? And I am assuming you would deflate the tire to reduce weight. Am I off-base on any of this?
I don't think it would be cheaper. I think the weight of the rubber along with the wheel will still outweigh a rim and cardboard alone. :hmm: :dunno:

I've never even thought about deflating the tire before shipping. I'll try that next time to see if it makes any difference.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts