BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
My guess is the disa valve
If you look closely at the picture, you can see the DISA connector in the hole where the DISA should be. BMW engineers are fairly smart people - they only give enough slack for the connection to reach the intended connection and the plug in the picture is never going to reach the DISA.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This is why we ALWAYS tape and mark the connectors as we disconnect them. But, yeah. I just went and checked, and it's the ICV. It should be attached to the intake right above the throttle body inlet via a rubber grommet and a rubber... hold-down on a bare metal strip. Just below and forward of that gaping hole where your DISA used to be. It's recessed under the intake a little bit. Looks like an aluminum cylinder mounted horizontally, front-to-back. The small opening of the lower intake boot connects to it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
See pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hai,wts function of the DISA valve?
The DISA valve changes the inlet trajectory in the manifold to be long or short. a longer inlet path gives more torque on lower RPM's and a short path gives more torque at higher RPM's. This way your car should have enough torque throughout the RPM range. As long as the DISA valve works;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Oh ok,well explained,my car has been switching off by itself at low revs sometimes especialy wen engine is hot or after 2nd drive cycle.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,145 Posts
The only way it wont go off is wen I keep the aircon on,wt aircon off the revs rily get low,cn I suspect the DISA?
Start your own thread so you can get more eyes on it, instead of highjacking this one and derailing the convo.

Step 1) get OBD Fusion and wireless adaptor.
Step 2) read codes, freeze frame data, diagnostic report, fuel trims at warm idle and highway cruise speed, and post in your thread
Step 3) spell check your typing before posting

·
Registered
43 Posts
Idle Air Control Valve. I'm pretty sure the various plugs only go into the receiver they're supposed to plug into. Even if the IACV wire was long enough to reach the DISA plug (which it isn't), I don't think you'd be able to plug it in. The plug wouldn't fit.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,145 Posts
Idle Air Control Valve. I'm pretty sure the various plugs only go into the receiver they're supposed to plug into. Even if the IACV wire was long enough to reach the DISA plug (which it isn't), I don't think you'd be able to plug it in. The plug wouldn't fit.
There are a few connectors coming out of that octopus that can be plugged into the wrong connector, so label them and be mindful.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Start your own thread so you can get more eyes on it, instead of highjacking this one and derailing the convo.

Step 1) get OBD Fusion and wireless adaptor.
Step 2) read codes, freeze frame data, diagnostic report, fuel trims at warm idle and highway cruise speed, and post in your thread
Step 3) spell check your typing before posting
Sorry for the highjack,just that I din't get enough help the last time I opened a thread for it,thanks for the info anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts