E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is at the dealership right now for 15K oil service. Can I ask them to change the wipers free of charge or is it done only during Inspection I?

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
Should be done during the oil change. When I had my S4, I could just swing in anytime and get new blades for free, regardless of service. They were cool like that....

·
Registered
184 Posts
I always ask for new blades whenever I am in... it's part of the deal... Should be replaced twice a year at a minimum... Just tell them that your "wiper blades are ineffective".... That's what my service reps always types in...

·
Registered
86 Posts
i thought things like fluid top-off, tire inspection, and blades were "no questions asked" when you go in for any oil change.

·
Track it
806 Posts
at BMW?....yeah right.....my friend is a mechanic at a huge dealership in NY...and he says they cut corners wherever they can...on parts, time, labor, anything. They fix **** with crazy glue bro. On top of that the dealer is also a benz dealership...and he says the Benz mechanics get paid more, get treated better, and have higher tech equipment. Thats pisses me off.

·
can ya spare some change?
738 Posts
AndyXXL said:
My car is at the dealership right now for 15K oil service. Can I ask them to change the wipers free of charge or is it done only during Inspection I?
When I brought mine in for oil service (15K miles) I asked and they replaced them free of charge. If you ask, they will do it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just got my 15K. As I was leaving, service guy said, "Hey, by the way, we installed new wiper blades for you." I said OK, thanks. Didn't know I needed new blades.

·
Registered
86 Posts
E28Fiend said:
at BMW?....yeah right.....my friend is a mechanic at a huge dealership in NY...and he says they cut corners wherever they can
Maybe, his dealership cuts corners, but i'm sure most others don't..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts