BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this problem? i've got a 01 330ci, driver's side has always been a bit stiffer to open, but now, its like i pull it up all the way and it barely opens! and it has a loud pop! damn! gotta take to dealership again *sigh* thats for listening......

·
'a certain moderator'
38,245 Posts
i have had my passenger side door a little stiff to open, ever since delivery, but i never get in there so i havent had anything done to it... maybe next time i am in i will have them take a look at it.

-brendan

·
Got Mis-shift?
796 Posts
You guys should take it to the dealer and have it re-aligned. Dealer told me that this is a problem on coupes.:dunno: I had mine re-align a week after I got my car. I had to pull the handle really hard to open and sometimes it won't even open.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,245 Posts
only thing is i have heard of dealers messing up doors even more, like they are too complicated or something! so i dunno whether to live with it or have them mess with it :dunno:

will probly have them look at it when i have my snows put on... :thumbdwn:

-brendan

·
• DFW •
2,754 Posts
yup same problem here. Door handle stays stuck open. Also the lock plug doesnt open/close as quick as the passengers side.

·
life is a *****..........
1,325 Posts
when your door that is making the pop noice is open all the way.

on the crack of the door you see a black screw tighten that ***** up really good.

tell me if that worked because mine doesnt make a poping noise no more.

my door handle gets stuck to.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My experience tells me that it's easier to open the door handels upwards instead of outwards......
not sure if that helps but I really feel it's easier

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys, thanks for all ur inputs, i guess i'm not the only one....i've tried what Artan 5 said, there's a lil black cover on the inside of the door, i preyed that open with my fingernails, and there's a hex screw in there, i tried to tighten it as well, but to no avail, damn thing is still stuck! du ma! ok, also with what feilay said bout opening upwards, i always do that by putting my thumb on the lock area, still stuck! damn! ........... oh wells, gonna bring it to the dealer next friday, only thing is, im just really hesitant with them taking out the door handles, paneling and stuff, hope it doesn't rattle afterwards...*sigh*

also gonna get my grey leather passenger's replaced, AGAIN! damn, this sucks.....but still love my car tho!

·
The Man you Love to Hate
294 Posts
I haad that problem too

Not to mention my drivers side doorlock would not open up on the first press of my "unlock button" on the key

the fixed the lock issue and the doorhandle issue

Now my passenger door lock only opens when it wants to !!

we must have gotten a bad batch

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
they redesigned them at somepoint in 01' ...since ur car in an 01' it should not stick(as my 00' did and 02' never does)

Take to dealer...i think there was a service bulletin on them...if not u have a warranty :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts