BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
is now a 2L! woot!
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Irvine bmw today and talked to the guy who's working on my ///M. He said only one thing was wrong. My half shaft broke (the half shaft is what spins the rear wheels). So basically when Vince was trying to drive back up to my friend's house, the car was moving on 3 spinning wheels and not 4. Vince said he noticed how the car kept moving sideways and stuff. Also the broken half shaft is wat caused the clutch to slip and what not.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Hmm, I would have thoght a RWD car would have 2 half shafts, not 1, aren't they the shafts that go between the transfer case and the rims?... When one snaps, you still get some power to the remaing wheel, but all wheels still spin, no?...

Chip-

·
is now a 2L! woot!
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully i get to keep it. Dad isnt THAT mad nemore. Never will i try launch control again. Miguel from Irvine bmw said i'll get it back in like a couple of days. and while they are fixing it, they are going to replace my STOLEN emblems and roundel.

·
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai
2,478 Posts
are u sure?

when I busted my 'half shaft..'.. (diff. then drive shaft?) .. I could'nt even move.. and it cost me 1500 CDN to fix.. heh.

·
is now a 2L! woot!
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BMWintoxication said:
are u sure?

when I busted my 'half shaft..'.. (diff. then drive shaft?) .. I could'nt even move.. and it cost me 1500 CDN to fix.. heh.
Yeah. there are 2 half shafts i think. I only broke one. thats why only my front wheels and one of my rear wheels still worked. the other rear one didnt spin. so basically it was like dragging on the ground and thec ar kept like moving sideways.

Oh yeah. Its covered under warranty since they couldnt find any other damage to the car other than the broken half shaft.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
BMWintoxication said:
are u sure?

yea you had to pay because you dont drive an m3 haha

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
so sExY cLk m3 gRL stays

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yea when I was driving it I remember it going sideways. Dat was some scary shiet

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
sExY cLk m3 gRL said:
Never will i try launch control again.
no way!!! the beauty of having SMG is launch control!!

sounds like a defective part... launch it!!

:thumbup:

·
is now a 2L! woot!
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jason330i said:

no way!!! the beauty of having SMG is launch control!!

sounds like a defective part... launch it!!

:thumbup:
r u crazy? after that. i dont think so. dont think my parents would be too happy with another broken part since my dad already doesnt like bmw at all.

·
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai
2,478 Posts
p0tpie said:

yea you had to pay because you dont drive an m3 haha
ha ha.. like they'll believe me that I had enough pwr to break the drive shaft during launching.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
M3Pinoy, that's how hood's get scratched......:eek:

Chip-

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,762 Posts
congratz on breaking it and getting it back with no problem.Back to M3 gurl :thumbup:

·
Registered
661 Posts
sExY cLk m3 gRL said:

r u crazy? after that. i dont think so. dont think my parents would be too happy with another broken part since my dad already doesnt like bmw at all.
u got a 02 m3 and 02 clk 55 and if that's ur pix on the sig. U got it made. That must suck for the guys at ur school. How can you top that with those two cars??? 360 perhaps....

oh well, i wish my parents were that rich cuz working for living is so overrated.

LIL raja

1 - 20 of 40 Posts