E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AREA 51
1,697 Posts
sadly, slow323ci is correct

cars do indeed get damaged while being shipped from germany and that's why they go to the BMW VPC - to do things JUST LIKE THIS!!! the VPC, if i am correct, is like a little extension of the german factory but at a USA port. inspections are done on every car and things are fixed before they get to the dealer. you have no case unless they let a car with a bent frame or something slip by and not tell you.

it sucks and i would be pi$$ed, but the reality is this happens and its normal. have them re-paint the car and be happy. you have no other choice. you can sue but you won't get anywhere. prolly 1/2 of us have cars that were damaged on the boat and we have no clue. i think you can request the VPC report but only within a certain time-frame (i might be wrong about the time-frame thing).

best of luck but you are not alone.

oh, did you order your car and wait for it? if so, you might have been able to suspect something if your car was held at the VPC for more than a day.

·
AREA 51
1,697 Posts
Blue said:
I realize that this site is mainly populated by young adults, but this is ridiculous :)
:lmao:

this thread is still going on? yikes!!!

THERE WAS NO FRAUD

YOU HAVE NO CASE

GO TO THE DEALER AND NICELY ADVISE THEM IN AN ADULT MANNER THAT YOU ARE UPSET AND ACCEPT THEIR LIKELY COURSE OF ACTION TO HAVE THE BUMPER PAINTED

i do indeed feel sorry for ya and i'd be ticked off but put things into perspective here...its gonna look brand new more than likely after its painted and its not like you have to pay a $500 to $1000 deductable after getting your car keyed or something.

after this just do not go to that dealer again!!!

·
AREA 51
1,697 Posts
bimmerguy2006 said:
A few light scuffs that can be buffed out at home is just a tad different than having to have something on the car repainted. Your arguement suggests comparing apples and oranges.
since this thread is just out of control imo are we suggesting that he get a new car or a 4 million dollar settlement? what EXACTLY does he deserve? i'd say he deserves a new paint job on the dealer's tab and maybe a free CD changer or an alarm for his trouble...and they don't even owe him a free gift cause what happened was not illegal, fraud, abuse, etc.!!!

again, i TOTALLY feel for him and i'd be upset but put things into perspective please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.