E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
slow323ci said:
This is very common. Not shady. Not illegal. Repairing minor damage before delivery is a regular occurence. However disclosure is not required unless repairs exceed a certain threshold, like you were told.

A quality respray of the bumper would cost about $300 max. Ask Shelly BMW repaint it again and ask them to cover their work in writing for a reasonable time period, like the length of the factory warranty. That is reasonable.

Good luck, and most of all, stay calm until all other options have been expended.
A quality respray is WAY more than 300 dollars!!! i paid over 450 and that was the lowest price quote out of 4 places.

·
Registered
213 Posts
A fanatics dealership would be freaking awesome! anyone here wanna fork out some do-re-mi? ill head parts? l o l . . . .

·
Registered
213 Posts
Blue said:
It wasn't fraud, wasn't illegal, hell....it wasn't even unfair. And yes, you are whining. Whining like a biatch in heat. The GM showed some bad customer service with joe and maybe the GM wasn't playing fair, but then again we don't really know how that all played out, do we?

Way back when, I purchased a new 1990 Ford Probe. It had light but very noticeable scratches all over the hood, roof, and rear deck from the transporter truck's tie-down chains. When I asked the dealer what was up, he said, "Not a big deal, happens all the time, we'll get it buffed out for you." I told him not to worry about it - I buffed them out myself in return for a manual sunroof installed at dealer's cost. Now, instead of working with the dealer to my advantage, maybe I should have started pissing & moaning about fraud and whipped out my dicitonary. But that probably would have gotten me a big "SHUT THE FUKC UP YOU MORON" from the dealer, which, incidentally, is what the majority of people on this thread are saying to you. :)
A few light scuffs that can be buffed out at home is just a tad different than having to have something on the car repainted. Your arguement suggests comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think its up to the owner, either have the bumper repainted or have the dealer buy the car back for its original price because of the inconvience it has caused the owner. I know if i ever found out my car was delivered to me not as described (a NEW car is a car that has had NO work done to it), i would be pissed and ask for a whole lot more, like money back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.