BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS:

Upon looking for damage found this.

I'm guessing a shopping bugging did this, what would this cost to fix? It's deep.

Went into two store to see if there are outside cameras they claimed no.

Update:
Lowes hardware, SAMs clubs, Radio Shack, old Navy, Rue 21, Ross Stores, and a bunch of randoms in the shopping center. Only SAMs and Lowes have cameras and I've been told by the police that they won't pan that far, it's just a blur toward my car.

Guess I'll just contact my insurance, or suck it up and cut into my exhaust savings and wheels savings.

Words of the Police officer: "life sucks some times man"

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,711 Posts
fingerprint the paper :4ngie:

sorry about that...that does suck, i would be furious.

·
Registered
802 Posts
$150- 250

maybe less

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Call your insurance company and see what this would be covered under. However, it looks like the damage is contained to one fender so I would guess the repair would be less than $1,000. And that's if you replace the entire fender rather than filling the dents on the damaged one.

·
Registered
721 Posts
There is a 99% chance the place has cameras unless its a no name place, but if its a big box chain, they have cameras, dont let them tell you otherwise.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Contact the police. Have them retrieve the video surveillance for the parking lot. Find the license plate of the car they got into. Get the ****ers.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
It's probably more than $500 in repairs.. Contact the police and file a report. Date/time of incident so they can possibly retrieve security video from the store's parking lot. Hope you catch the perpetrator.

That sucks not matter how it's resolved though.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Serioulsly tho. I don't care how sorry they are or about the fact they can't afford to fix the damage they've caused. that's no reason to shift that burden unto you.

keep the note. it's evidence.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's probably more than $500 in repairs.. Contact the police and file a report. Date/time of incident so they can possibly retrieve security video from the store's parking lot. Hope you catch the perpetrator.

That sucks not matter how it's resolved though.
Good luck.
They only checked SAMs club cameras, and that was no good, this sucks.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
try to get fingerprints off the papers and get the police involved for video footage etc... that's bs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Condolences on your loss. Just goes to prove that you can drive a nice car, you just cannot park it anyplace. Even parking way out in the boonies of the parking lot won't save you sometimes.
Don't count on the police or CSI to get the perp - they really do have bigger fish to fry - but, your insurance may require you to at least have a police report number.
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts