E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to wash the car when I got home. While washing it I saw a good-sized ding/scratch about bumper height on my passenger door. My guess is that someone hit my car in the restaurant parking lot at lunch. Normally this would have really upset me but I found this scratch the day after my little girl got 2nd degree burns on her arm after spilling hot soup on herself. She's a 1-year-old and reached up to grab a bowl of soup that was put on the counter.

It's the stuff that matters that puts everything in perspective. I would take a 100 scratches/dents on my car if I could make my little girl better. She is a trooper though, I think her injury is harder on my wife and me than it is on her.

Sorry to ramble like this, I just wanted to share this so that you guys remember what or who is important in life.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Santiago said:
It's the stuff that matters that puts everything in perspective. I would take a 100 scratches/dents on my car if I could make my little girl better. She is a trooper though, I think her injury is harder on my wife and me than it is on her.

Sorry to ramble like this, I just wanted to share this so that you guys remember what or who is important in life.
Man, my hat off to you! Prayers have been said for you and your daughter. I hope she'll get better soon.

No matter how much I love BMWs, they will NEVER replace my love for my wife or boys... Thanks for the reminder.

·
'a certain moderator'
35,500 Posts
ur right. we obsess over our cars so much, but when more serious things happen in life, it totally puts things in perspective.

wish ur little girl a speedy recovery, young kids recover so quickly from accidents tho! hang in there!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. My daughter is doing better. Have to put an anti-biotic cream on her twice a day. She only cries when we change the bandage but I think it's more from the attention we're putting on her boo-boo. After that she runs around, plays and laughs.

As for the car, I have an appointment on Monday to bring it in.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm so sorry my friend, she'll be better in no time I hope. I definately understand.. I was burned at a bonfire 2 years ago, we had dumped gasoline all over the wood prior to lighting (obviously stupid), it was for a summer camp I was helping at. I was running up with a torch to light it but it exploded when I was about 5 feet away. I was at the ICU at NYU for 2 weeks, not allowed in the sun for a year.. that was the worst part.

Scroll For Pics*
(slightly graphic)

The first one was incredible once we found it. A girl wanted to take a picture of the BonFire when it was first lit, well it went from nothing to what you'll see in the picture, that's me falling away as it exploded.. amazing though

always been a fan of the m3, even before my car haha

Seriously though, my mom is always telling me not to create idols in my life, my car in this case, "love people, like things."

Keep everything in perspective, occurences like this serve as a wake up call

Good luck with everything, I hope everything works out, keep us posted!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
faithmassive said:
I'm so sorry my friend, she'll be better in no time I hope. I definately understand.. I was burned at a bonfire 2 years ago, we had dumped gasoline all over the wood prior to lighting (obviously stupid), it was for a summer camp I was helping at. I was running up with a torch to light it but it exploded when I was about 5 feet away. I was at the ICU at NYU for 2 weeks, not allowed in the sun for a year.. that was the worst part.

Scroll For Pics*
(slightly graphic)
Seriously though, my mom is always telling me not to create idols in my life, my car in this case, "love people, like things."

Keep everything in perspective, occurences like this serve as a wake up call

Good luck with everything, I hope everything works out, keep us posted!
Wow, hope you're better now. My daughter's injury is nowhere near what yours was. Hers is about the size of a bar of soap on the back of her left arm. She's about 17 months old so a bar of soap is pretty much a good portion of the back of her arm.

The doctor said it will take weeks to heal so it obviously is nowhere near what yours is. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I know exactly what you mean...

Santiago said:
I decided to wash the car when I got home. While washing it I saw a good-sized ding/scratch about bumper height on my passenger door. My guess is that someone hit my car in the restaurant parking lot at lunch. Normally this would have really upset me but I found this scratch the day after my little girl got 2nd degree burns on her arm after spilling hot soup on herself. She's a 1-year-old and reached up to grab a bowl of soup that was put on the counter.

But the true test of love and devotion is down the road. It comes when that little girl is a grown up 16 year old and SHE is the one who put a ding in your BMW's door. You'll need to reach deep and still remember what is important in life...

Been there with all 3 of my kids...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts