BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my good friends and his wife were over for my best friends birthday friday night, once I released the news I was selling my 323, she hoped up and asked if it was already spoken for and if not could they buy it.....so I'm letting it go for 18K to family friends, and my wife is pissed because she loves the car, and now they'll be driving it over and she'll see it...what a basket case, pregnant women and hormones are a purely stupid combo :lmao: So now, in the spring, we're trading in the xterra on a armada, and I guess by summertime, it'll be time for me to pick up another vehicle that's a little bit bigger and family guy material. So I'm thinking of a few different vehicles:
1) 2000-2001 M5 (mod it with a set of rims, and that's about it (yeah right))
not exactly a huge amount of space increase, but a little more and a lot more fun

2) 540iT, put the M5 front bumper and side view mirrors, and the ESS supercharger for $6500 and a decent set of rims, I get BMW build quality (reviews I've read on the E39 quality vs. what some of us got in our E46's seems like a different group of assembly workers did the build)

3) I know most of you guys will shoot this down, but I like the new look of the Dodge Magnun RT, and the AWD model comes out soon if it isn't already here, I think Dodge has managed to steal a bit of Mercedes technology, but use good old american brute force in the engine, the tow package has load leveling, can tow a decent 3800lbs, and looks pretty pimp in cool vanilla with 22" rims. And new it'll cost me 35K, where as the other two will probably cost me more used, and I already know what BMW service has to offer :rolleyes:

4) I wait all the way to 2006 and get into a E500 sedan if I can save up a bit and wait that long...but it's highly unlikely I can do either. My buddy has one, I like the power and performance of the C55, but it isn't very big inside compared tp the E500.

So sad to see the 323 go, but am pretty stoked about the future and what else I can mod. :hi:

·
Millennium Bankers Mortgage
5,486 Posts
For me it would either be the M3 or the dodge magnum. My friend just picked one up 2 months ago and it is so nice. the Hemi ROARS!! He put 22's on it and Borla prototyped a dual exhaust with two 5in tips. The thing is so ****in :str8pimpi . Either way you cant go wrong. Here's a pix of his MAG...

Attachments

·
Likes Supermodels
2,776 Posts
'ave always admired your car, anyway best of luck in whatever car u choose. oh yeah, i hope it's another bimmer though.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
So did you decide to sell the 323 because it was too small? What about all the engine swap plans/parts/etc? Seems like a lot of dinero down the drain?

How's the LSD holding up? I'm still thinking of building one this winter, that's if I don't decide to sell the car and get something else like a C6 'vette or old muscle car...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pic Lake, I am so over black! (didn't Madonna say that in a bmw film?..:) ) , but I really like the cool vanilla. The pic of your buddy's magnum is pretty cool, reminds me of some really futuristic sh!t I've seen before. On tirerack, there's a 22" called the zinik z9's on cool vanilla, gives me a chub everytime I look at it.

Thanks Bimmerrocks :) I loved the build quality of my bmw, but it doesn't sound like everybody's cars are assembled the same, so many folks on here with problems, but it will always seem like that in a consentrated grouping of a single product, we're probably a small percentage of the total E46 sales worldwide....but I still think there's more problems then there should be with the price we pay for these cars, even if we're at the bottom of the totem pole in the bmw series. And the service across the board seems to be pretty damn shady with a majority of the dealerships (not saying all, but the majority). I can understand a salesperson not wanting to bend over backwards to help out a young looking kid who wants to test drive a 330 or M3, I used to go to the chevy and ford dealerships when I was young and wanted to test drive stuff just to go test drive stuff.....but for the folks who have already bought the damn car, whether your 20 or 40, you should be handled like a potential future buyer, get the guy a loaner will ya? Even if it isn't another bmw, give the person something, but preferably, get them another damn bmw loaner. Seems like once they have your money for your car, piss on you, we don't need to treat you well.

In the end, it seems like bmw service leaves something to be desired, and I only took it in once for service to get the sunroof repaired, albeit they got on it immediately, I had to sit there for 4 hours while it was replaced....give me some kind of loaner so I can get my butt back to work and I'll pick the car up at the end of the damn day! Enough ranting :)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, too small for family life...when family was just me and the wife, it was fine, now I got baby coming, and mom in law is here for awhile, and she don't drive....so 2 became 4. Atleast I got a live in day care system :) And you know you can't expect to get what you paid for on mods, it's a lesson, don't part together mods when major life changing events like pregnancy is a possibility....either save up all the cash and do it in one fell swoop, or don't do it at all! :lmao: The diff is fine, I am selling the car at this point with the LSD in it, the bud said he wants it, but he hasn't driven it yet to know what the chatter sounds like, so he might change his mind and the LSD will be back up for sale. As for the other parts, they are all listed in the for sale section under performance. Need anything? Anywho, I've got to get off of here for now, I'm getting all misty eyed thinking about selling my car :cry:

slow323ci said:
So did you decide to sell the 323 because it was too small? What about all the engine swap plans/parts/etc? Seems like a lot of dinero down the drain?

How's the LSD holding up? I'm still thinking of building one this winter, that's if I don't decide to sell the car and get something else like a C6 'vette or old muscle car...

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,680 Posts
FWIW, I'd go w/ the e39 M5

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know it's wierd, the 2 reviews I read, the guys trash on the 6 speed in bumper to bumper traffic, and have nothing but praise for the automatic... :dunno: Is there any other company out there that puts out a tranny software upgrade for the E39 auto? I mean other than Dinan

zerofighter said:
Go for the e39 M5. I only wish my touring had manual...

·
Registered
335 Posts
LakeShow423 said:
For me it would either be the M3 or the dodge magnum. My friend just picked one up 2 months ago and it is so nice. the Hemi ROARS!! He put 22's on it and Borla prototyped a dual exhaust with two 5in tips. The thing is so ****in :str8pimpi . Either way you cant go wrong. Here's a pix of his MAG...
Its a station wagon. Am I the only person who notices this?

·
projecttechnik.com
480 Posts
vaio76109 said:
So to jack your thread...
zerofighter, have u ever been to the drag strip and if so what results?
No, not yet. But I will do a dyno run so I can get base numbers sometime this winter. Will have to wait until spring to goto the strip.

I love the steptronic, but I kind of miss the clutch. Maybe the smg retrofit and tranny software would help.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NOT a big fan of the new 545/530 models, I'm still on the fence about the new M5, love the performance, the new styling still makes me a little ill.

MillsBims said:
why not get the new 545i or 530i... 4 years of service...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts