BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
-not a mod-
31,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 45 min drive tonight when I turned my car off, my DDE's stayed on, and wouldn't shut off? I thought it was pretty cool and sat there and admired them for like 2 minutes. Then I started the car again and turned it off and they shut off as they normally would. Why is it doing this? Any similar experiences.

·
Registered
967 Posts
this is why i got mine hooked up to a switch. :thumbup:

i have no i dea why it would do that, ask matt from UMNITZA.com.

he should know.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
If you hook them up to the accessories wire located in the ECU they are supposed to stay on for 10 seconds after you turn the car off. I also have them hooked up to a switch so if I dun want them on I can just hit the switch and not worry about it. But they are so damn good looking why would I ever wanna do that?

·
-not a mod-
31,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have them run to the ECU. No switch though. I know about the 10 second deal, thats what it does normally. This was just extended for some reason.

·
Registered
967 Posts
hey anyone know what the life expectancy of these things are?? how long the last? and also will they drain your battery if you leave them on for a long time like 30min-hour??? thanks :dunno:

·
Never Follow.
522 Posts
mine doing the exact same thing..... Matt.. what the hell is this? Its only the DDE LIghtning guys with this.... not mad or anything, just trying to figure out what the hell is going on :confused:

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
right, you can leave them on until the cows come home.
If you have no other lights on, the draw is so minor, you could leave them on overnight.

The guys at SEMA left their car on the WHOLE day and just turned it on and drove off on the last day:) It was rigged to a separate switch.

·
Registered
967 Posts
umnitza said:
right, you can leave them on until the cows come home.
If you have no other lights on, the draw is so minor, you could leave them on overnight.

The guys at SEMA left their car on the WHOLE day and just turned it on and drove off on the last day:) It was rigged to a separate switch.

nice! i like to leave mine on and watch ppl go crazy when they see them. :D not many coupes around here, especially with dde's. :thumbup: thanks matt! i dont know how you do it, but you manage to answer everyone email/questions so damn quick!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I personally like them hooked up to the fog lights. If I dont want them on I hit the fog light switch. I like to have the option of shutting them off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I presently have the hot wire hooked up to the fog light. If I decide to install a regular toggle switch where would I get the trigger current from?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts