E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So my KW v2 and Vorshlag camber plates arrived last night. For those with aftermarket suspension, what rear shock mounts do you use? I am waiting for the RE RSMs to be in stock, but has anyone used OEM RSMs on aftermarket suspension? Or any other RSMs apart from RE?

Particularly interested in those running KW as I know their kits don't come with RSMs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Rogue engineering are worth the wait. Don't skimp.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Thanks Adin. Did you need to modify the OEM RSMs for the KWs to fit? I might just get new OEM RSMs if it's a straight fit. I know the shaft size for the KW is 10mm.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
They are not all the same. RE's are rebuildable and allow for shock change without stripping the trunk again. Once the oem ones fail again it's ordering a new set of mounts, not just bushings.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ I know the advantage with RE is that they are rebuildable and the rubber is harder. I am unlikely to replace the shocks once the KWs are on. How long do you think the OEM RSMs will last if I use the KW with them?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hard to say. I'd say 30-60k miles. What happens if a shock blows? How much are oem ones?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I still use OEM with my KW's. No mods. Straight in.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
is the supra ready yet??
ummmmmm :eek:

i havent touched it in months. Been working on the bike, was seeing the (now ex) gf too much, and generally doing other ppls ****. Theres not much left to do before tuning though which is good.
Ripped the rear subframe out of the bmw too so ill have to fix that next weekend but ill get around to the supra soon, it will deffo get finished.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.