Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wouldnt pulling the dsc fuses do it?

·
Resident Biznatch Slapper
280 Posts
codex57 said:
those who want DSC always off are idiots.

unless the car is used SOLELY on the track and is trailered to and from there
What a pathetic response to a valid question. There are definately times when it would be a good idea to have DSC on, but you're implying that anyone who turns it off on the street for any reason is an idiot. The BMW owners manual even suggests times when turning it off on the street is appropriate.

Zach

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
those who want DSC always off are idiots.

unless the car is used SOLELY on the track and is trailered to and from there
I suggest someone remove that motoring smiley from his sig - he obviously doesn't know how to properly pilot a motorcoach.

I think your sig says it all.....

You should have purchased a Mercedes, not a BMW.

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,749 Posts
DSC always off...

I drive the car, the car doesn't drive me.

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
He said ALWAYS OFF. yeah, you can turn it off, but to make it permanent is retarded. There's a reason why BMW doesn't allow you to turn it off permanently. If you scan through the posts and read about people who crashed their BMWs, it's almost always b/c they had DSC off and something unexpected happened. So yeah, I stand by my statement that those who want it ALWAYS OFF are idiots.

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
I think what this board is trying to say is that DSC saves lives, cars, and whatever else. I only turn it off when launching or something on a DRY surface...

·
Big in Japan
1,373 Posts
Having DSC off constantly would be a bit foolish in my opinion. Granted, I feel that everyone should be intelligent and capable enough to drive a car fine without such electronic aids. You know the conditions; you should know what the car can and cannot do on dry pavement, rain, snow, etc. By the same token, DSC has advantages over even the best drivers. It can cut engine power instantly, and it can brake wheels individually, something noone can do.

To answer the question though, no, the fuse will not do it, as that system is part of ABS and other engine management systems.

·
Bahn Burnah
2,438 Posts
no denying that dsc can be helpful, but to call people idiots is well... idiotic. There are plenty of people, probably on this site that drive rear wheel drive vehicles that do not have electronic aids, does that make them idiots? I think it's when people drive a car past their own skill level, not to mention the cars, that's when they should be considered idiots. Granted I'm sure we can make exceptions for some people.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
codex57 said:
He said ALWAYS OFF. yeah, you can turn it off, but to make it permanent is retarded. There's a reason why BMW doesn't allow you to turn it off permanently. If you scan through the posts and read about people who crashed their BMWs, it's almost always b/c they had DSC off and something unexpected happened. So yeah, I stand by my statement that those who want it ALWAYS OFF are idiots.

im sorry your 325 has too much hp for you to control asshat. 90% of rwd cars dont have a thing as dsc and they do fine. if your some what of a capable driver, you shouldnt be getting into accidents when dsc is off. i was simply asking if the fuse thing would work, im not saying that anyone should turn dsc off and go drive in rain or snow, thats not too smart, but in dry conditions I think any one who knows how to drive period should be able to control the car

·
Chapstick!
400 Posts
menace3054 said:
im not saying that anyone should turn dsc off and go drive in rain or snow, thats not too smart, but in dry conditions I think any one who knows how to drive period should be able to control the car
hence why he says not to ALWAYS HAVE IT OFF, but sometimes it is ok.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Now for real,
I learnt to drive in a BMW without DSC, I've driven lots of high power cars without DSC (E36 M3 and alike) and my E46 is my first car with electronic aid. It's only got ASC+T, but still I don't feel I can rely on a system. Especially in a manual car, DSC isn't neccessary unless you drive like an idiot without first mastering vehicle control. He who can only drive without crashes because of DSC should be called an idiot and should be considered to get his license withdrawn.
In fact, I had an extended counter slip experience (more than 6 times tank slapper) because of ESP. Without, I'd just have a bit of oversteer, let it drift a bit and straighten the car out without fuss.
DSC is for those who can't manage to save the car themselves. To those who DO correct the skid themselves, DSC may OVER correct the skid and even throw you into trouble.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That dude is retarded. I hate DSC. It always cuts power when I want it the most. The first thing I do when I get in the car is turn it off. I wish the default was off but gave you the option to turn it on in rain or snow, but since most people can't drive worth shi*t I can understand why the default is on.

·
Registered
595 Posts
question,

press DSC once, (!) comes on.

press and hold DSC for 3 seconds, hand Brake light comes on. Is that normal?

Then when I pull on the hand brakes, it turns red.

Is this normal???

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think the only people that crash when they have it on is people that don't have any idea how to control a car of such proportions and/or are used to pushing limits with DSC on...

·
Registered
726 Posts
im never turning it off even though all the cars ive ever owned(and never crashed) have ever had it..
those include 84 prelude
87 civic 93 toyota pickup and 95 honda odyssey...I want it to be there to help in any case whatsoever especially with children in the car...also, i dont drive like an idiot like some people do at the point to which dsc cant even control

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,531 Posts
sdbimmer said:
question,

press DSC once, (!) comes on.

press and hold DSC for 3 seconds, hand Brake light comes on. Is that normal?

Then when I pull on the hand brakes, it turns red.

Is this normal???
Yes... the second setting turns off Traction Control and the yellow BRAKE light comes on to tell you what's off.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts