E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much did it cost? I have a 01 330cic with a 10/00 build date. Does this apply to me? I was trying to diagnose a steering problem and read about this procedure in a previous post. When I steer though a turn the wheel vibrates and feels uncertain. Will this be a fix by this retrofit? Thanks guys...

...Drop Top BM
Im the man girlfriend

·
Registered
308 Posts
Best thing to do is call BMWNA to find out if you qualify.Judging by you the date you posted I would say yes you fall in to the right time frame to get the steering retrofit done.
Good Luck
vern

·
Registered
0 Posts
hey. it doesn't, or shouldn't cost a penny. you call up BMWNA and get on the "list" and a few months later, they call and schedule you. The vibration is not a problem wth the original or retrofitted steering. I don't believe the retrofit would fix you problem . . . though they do an alignment afterwards and maybe thats the problem. just my 50 cent.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes, your 10/00 is eligible for the retrofit... just call BMWNA and let them know which dealer you would like to do the work... they will let the dealer know, and the dealer will acquire the parts... I did my 10/00 330i at Claridge in Freemont, CA and they did a good job... however when they did the wheel alignment, the tech forgot to straighten the steering wheel (slightly to the left when going straight)... I took it back and had them re-do the alignment. (This is a common problem when a tech doesn't straighten up the steering wheel as the last step before tightening the tie rod ends). It should be a painless process, and is well worth it.

'01 330i 8K-mi

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, this is starting to sound a little bit more promising than i had originally anticipated. What is the BMWNA number,(assuming that there is a specific extension or dept.) How long did the dealership in Fremont take for the swap? Damn, it seems like the wealth of knowledge on this site is gonna help me come up again... holla back fellas:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts