BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have the rattle within 10k miles of owning my car. The problem has now been fixed by my dealer, here's how:

1. Took the car in complaining about the problem to the dealer. Make sure you bring a CD that really amplifies the rattle.

2. The dealer heard it, decided to fix it by replacing the clips that hold the speaker and putting some suede like material behind the clips.

3. I took the car, sounded ok for about 2 months. Then bam, rattle is back.

4. Took the car in to the dealer, complained. I then waited around till my car was taken to the back, i snuck to the back and talked to guy working on my car directly, screw the service advisor.

5. He said he wasnt even aware it was rattling (bastards!), but that he fixes that problem definitevely by lining edges of the door panel with a suede like material (thin strips of it around the door panel and near contact edges).

6. Did his trick, rattle gone, 20k mile later, rattle still gone.

Next time i'm at the dealer I will talk to the mechanic againi and get a detailed explanation of how he did it. I'll try to post a DIY.

·
Carbon Fiber Airbox
1,660 Posts
My mechanic had told me that when he opened the door panel, there were screws missing. He did the felt tape thing as well and it worked for the passenger door, now its doing it for the driver!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts