E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Max Jax... I mean, besides washes and oil changes, what else can you do on a lift that keeps your wheels on...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
So what u get stu?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Honestly, I would just use big jackstands and a creeper. You're still going to be cramped under the Max Jax, and it's the only one versatile enough (transmission, clutch, driveshaft, exhaust, fuel filter, etc etc are not possible on scissor lifts like the other two) to be worth the money you'll drop in my opinion. The disadvantage is you're almost worse off than lying on your back because you have to sit, then crane your neck backwards and arms up. You can't open the doors...you'd be surprised how handy that is, bleeding brakes, engaging/releasing e-brake, etc.

Assymetrical two-post lift you can stand under, or don't bother....personal opinion. Otherwise, two post all the way.

ARg....thread from the dead.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
From the videos I've seen the max jax looks like it lifts the car a good bit higher than jackstands. Plus I've seen vids of people working under their cars in rolling chairs. I'll take that over a creeper any day.

Need a review! And some vids! I'm still thinking about buying one.

·
:D
7,274 Posts
Honestly, I would just use big jackstands and a creeper. You're still going to be cramped under the Max Jax, and it's the only one versatile enough (transmission, clutch, driveshaft, exhaust, fuel filter, etc etc are not possible on scissor lifts like the other two) to be worth the money you'll drop in my opinion. The disadvantage is you're almost worse off than lying on your back because you have to sit, then crane your neck backwards and arms up. You can't open the doors...you'd be surprised how handy that is, bleeding brakes, engaging/releasing e-brake, etc.

Assymetrical two-post lift you can stand under, or don't bother....personal opinion. Otherwise, two post all the way.

ARg....thread from the dead.
look at most of the pictures in the link posted. definitely looks like you can open the doors.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Not all the way, definitely not like an asymmetrical one. To each his own, but if you have low ceilings, you're not going to get much space under the car at all, probably not enough to sit on a rolling chair comfortably, especially with the hood up. 330i ZHP should give his review!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.