E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boy Racer
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my clutch delay valve removed today. I guess bmw puts this clutch delay on the E46 so that grandma and grandpa drivers have a smoother shift, well because of this most of us have to deal with a slow clutch that really sucks when driving enthusiastically. So I had mine rewmoved. I felt a big difference, my clutch shifts a lot nicer and faster. It takes about 45min to do and requires no parts, they simply remove the delay valve and reconnect the wiring(or something of that nature). I recommend this to anyone who doesn't like their bmw clutch.

·
Boy Racer
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, not at all, the clutch seems smoother to me. There is no downside at all and that is what I love about it. I see that you have a 325xi and that is the same car I have, and they told me that it wasnt a problem at all to do and took no time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the big question: cost?
next question: where do you get it done?
numero tres: is this the same solution Rob from UUC MotorWerks posted or something different?

Thanks - 325xi is where it's at boys and girls!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Hey, just a side note, fill out your my ride and perhaps location sections in your profiles, helps out even if your name says it.

·
Boy Racer
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in chicago and I will fill out my mod list in a little bit too. It cost me 95 bucks which is the hourly labor charge at the place I go to, which is MIdwest Motorsport in Glenview IL. It is a very expensive hourly charge but they do the best work I have EVER seen on BMW's. I didnt catch Rob's post, but I think someone mentioned it to me and it sounds like the same thing. I am sure any dealrship could do it for you, they told me it was very straight foward and quick.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yeah, this is the same thing Rob posted a while back. Haven't heard of someone actualyl doing it though. Glad it worked out well for you

·
Still a fanatic...
193 Posts
Does the e46 really have a CDV? I have read from many people trying to find it (to remove it) and have found out that it doesn't exist. It does exist on the e39s, but didn't know the e46s had it as well.

·
Registered
Current: '13 M3, '89 325i Past: '01 330Ci, '08 Mini Cooper
18 Posts
Cal said:
Does the e46 really have a CDV? I have read from many people trying to find it (to remove it) and have found out that it doesn't exist. It does exist on the e39s, but didn't know the e46s had it as well.
That's what I've heard too. It appears that what feels like a CDV is actually the progressive clutch. There is also the possibility that the CDV was made part of the slave cylinder. Also, according to the Bently service manual for the E46 there is no CDV.

·
Still a fanatic...
193 Posts
Cenotaph said:

That's what I've heard too. It appears that what feels like a CDV is actually the progressive clutch. There is also the possibility that the CDV was made part of the slave cylinder. Also, according to the Bently service manual for the E46 there is no CDV.
Exactly.

·
Still a fanatic...
193 Posts
Samir said:
What car do you have?
Me, or Dinan3xi? Well, I have a 323i, and he has a 325xi.

Since you had a 323 before, do you know if there really is a CDV on that car, and 328s for that matter? Thanks.

·
Sponsor
89 Posts
FYI, I just posted some more info about the CDV <a href="http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2685" target="_blank">here</a>.

- -Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts