BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Owner
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 10mm Turner Motor Sport spacers. Will fit all E46. Comes with 10 extended lug nuts. Used but not abused. Looking to get $85 obo. Prefer local pickup paying cash. Email: [email protected]

Here's a pic of the spacers:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Choson1 said:
I have a pair of 10mm Turner Motor Sport spacers. Will fit all E46. Comes with 10 extended lug nuts. Used but not abused. Looking to get $85 obo. Prefer local pickup paying cash. Email: [email protected]

Here's a pic of the spacers:
what do spacers do? probably a dumb question, i'm a newbie.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
They push the wheel further out in the wheel well. I put 15mm on my rears and they make it look more aggressive and wider.

·
Owner
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
porrietae said:
what do spacers do? probably a dumb question, i'm a newbie.
You place the spacer between your wheels and your car...pushes the wheels out further giving you a wider track. It can be used to help your wheels clear big brake kits, to eliminate the problem of your tires rubbing against your spring/struts, for looks, and can even improve handling.

read more about them here:
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/products/trak.html

·
Registered
97 Posts
thanks guys... does this make the tire wear faster?? and does it make the car look like an hispanic riced up piece of crap where the wheel sticks out like none other... you know what i mean??? where they put 14" wheels and have the wheel stick out further than the wheel wells, where you almost need a new longer axle???

·
Owner
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
porrietae said:
thanks guys... does this make the tire wear faster?? and does it make the car look like an hispanic riced up piece of crap where the wheel sticks out like none other... you know what i mean??? where they put 14" wheels and have the wheel stick out further than the wheel wells, where you almost need a new longer axle???
If you compare stock wheels to aftermarket wheels, you can see that most aftermarket wheels sit flush with the edge of the fender, whereas stock wheels look pushed into the wheel well. You can use these with stock wheels to make them fit better. Or, if you have aftermarket wheels with a higher offset than ideal, you can use these to bring them out to the proper place. And no, they won't wear out your tires more than normal.

Just look at the position your wheels sit inside your fenders. If it looks like it can handle being pushed out 10mm more, than you can get run these no problem.

·
Registered
97 Posts
$50?

·
Registered
97 Posts
with the spacers, wouldn't the drive be weird.. where the front is aligned and the rear is off... especially riding the highway with the grooves in the road... would the car start swerving??

·
Owner
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
porrietae said:
with the spacers, wouldn't the drive be weird.. where the front is aligned and the rear is off... especially riding the highway with the grooves in the road... would the car start swerving??
not at all. in fact, lots of porsches come with spacers from the factory. also, ACS wheels come with spacers too. you won't notice any difference in the car's drivability with spacers.

·
Para-Magic
686 Posts
I wanted these

I drove fm San diego all the way to Canada on the 21st and 22nd. I would have picked them up from you.. Damn.. now it doesnt seem worth the hassle of shipping, .. free bump...

·
Para-Magic
686 Posts
Sold to me.

thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts