BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: as of 2020 USPS charge $8.30 for Flat Rate shipping
My iTrader Feedback

BMW E46 MIS RTAB Tool. You can use this BMW RTAB Tool (Rear Trailing Arm Bushing) to remove and install BMW rear trailing arm bushings.

FREE USPS Priority 2-3 day shipping to you with tracking included. PM me if interested.

Rental will include:

(x1) BMW RTAB Tool
(x2) Extra threaded rods and bolts just in case the first one gets damaged.
(x1) DIY Instructions

Manufacturers website: MIS Tools

* This MIS RTAB Tool will install BMW part numbers:

33326770817, and all other OEM E36/E46 rubber bushings, including M3.

* The Z4 has the same BMW part number 33326770817 for the rear trailing arm bushing as the E36 / E46 so this tool should work on the E85/E86 also.

DIY INSTRUCTIONS HERE (Thanks to fmzip): PowerFlex Rear Trailing Arm Bushing RTAB DIY

Tips during use
-DO NOT USE power tools. You may strip the threads on the metal blocks and or the threaded rod.

-Lubricate threaded rods prior to usage.

-Make sure the threads on the rods and blocks are clean and clear before every use.

Note: I inspect and oil the rod before sending it out, but it doesn't hurt to visually inspect it again before you use it.

BMW rear trailing arm bushing extractor, BMW rear trailing arm bushing tool, BMW rear trailing arm bushing remover,
BMW rear trailing arm bushing installer, BMW RTAB tool, BMW RTAB extractor, BMW RTAB installer, BMW RTAB remover, BMW MIS RTAB tool,
BMW MIS RTAB extractor, BMW MIS RTAB installer, BMW MIS RTAB remover.

·
Registered
674 Posts
{{FOR RENT}} MIS RTAB Tool - Low Deposit & Rent Fee

Worked great! Honest renter! Thank you!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
YOnpds, where are you located, I live in Diamond Bar, 91765 and would also like to borrow this tool tomorrow (Saturday 9/14/13).

·
Registered
938 Posts
I was going to get a tool from one of my crew but when he brought it, it was a generic bushing tool and would have required that I drop the entire arm.
I went to the MIStool site and being a tool junkie, I bought one, just to have it and have it available to my cadre. I will not rent mine out.

When I was on the site, I also noticed that they rent out the tool too. My observation was that OP requires less deposit and takes less money overall for his rental.

OP, just a suggestion but if you put the price in the thread, anyone looking to rent would not pass it up.

More than a fair deal.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I was going to get a tool from one of my crew but when he brought it, it was a generic bushing tool and would have required that I drop the entire arm.
I went to the MIStool site and being a tool junkie, I bought one, just to have it and have it available to my cadre. I will not rent mine out.

When I was on the site, I also noticed that they rent out the tool too. My observation was that OP requires less deposit and takes less money overall for his rental.

OP, just a suggestion but if you put the price in the thread, anyone looking to rent would not pass it up.

More than a fair deal.
Not trying to get rich. Just doing my part to help out. E46Fanatics.com have helped me for years for all my troubleshooting and DIY needs. Just returning the favor and by sharing this time saving MIS RTAB Tool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
938 Posts
I realize and respect what you are doing. That is why I gave you your well deserved props. I hope all renters respect that and deal fairly with you.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
where in california are you located at?

Do the rods break is that why there is 2 of them?

let me know, im interested.
Hi, the rods should not break if used properly. The MIS RTAB Tool usually comes with just one rod, but unfortunately, it gets abused or misused (accidently or in purpose) by others and that's why I include extras for the renters convenience. There are other factors as well such as a seized bushing and that's usually when users put too much torque on the tool or it's in an incorrect angle. Too many to list :)

If you can, please pm me if you have more questions. I'd like to keep the main thread clean as possible limiting questions to PM's only. I'll pm you more info. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts