BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gary,

I mounted 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 BBS RS-GTs on my M3 and torqued the bolts to 80 lb-ft. However, after driving about 100 miles two of the bolts on a rear wheel fell off while driving and several others were loose as well. This is only happening on the rear 19x9.5 wheels. So after consulting with a few board members, I decided to check the centering rings. It turns out the centering ring does not fit perfectly flush with the wheel for some reason. The BBS rings consists of two parts, one is silver spring type with a section cut off. The other is a bright green metallic ring. What's the proper way of installing these rings? Also, how much do they cost? After they were inproperly installed the first time, I think the rings are kinda busted and out of round. Can I purchase another pair from Tirerack? Please advice.

Cheers,

Frank

ps. One more question, do the 19x9.5 BBS RS-GT come with longer lug bolts or is it the same as the front 19x9.5? This is for '03 M3 coupe fitment. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
The flat part of the ring goes towards the wheel, with the relief raised part of the ring facing towards the hub. The silver part snaps over/around the the raised side of the ring, then slides/snaps into the back of the wheel. Its really much easier than it sounds, just a matter of making sure the flat part of the ring is facing the wheel when you snap it in.

We do sell the rings $5 each.

Also make sure you are getting 4/6 full turns of engagement on the bolts, as the rear bolts are a tiny bit longer than the fronts.

If you shoot me an email, I can reply with photos attatched with pics of the ring installation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts