BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to write and let all the Canadians out there know that ordering tires from tirerack was a great experience and everyone should consider them next time they purchase tires. I just received my Dunlop winter sport 3d's and they arrived in 5 days, I ordered tuesday and I got them monday. shipping wasn\t that bad and brokerage was a flat $20 which is calculated right on the site before you purchase now so you know exactly how much your order will cost and no extra will be charged when it arrives. I called their customer service and they answered very quickly and got me on my way. I ended up saving A LOT of money compared to what the local shops were charging for the tires and all in all one great experience and will definately be buying tires from tirerack from now on.

·
Registered
202 Posts
how the heck was 4 tires only 20 bucks for brokerage?

what about gst and duty? im sure you had to pay something more?

it seems weird that Tire rack would pay for the brokerage. I just bought wheels and tires form the states and ups just dropped it off, didnt ask for any money, but i know for sure ill be getting a hefty bill in the mail.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah of course I had to pay for gst pst, duties was $22, brokerage $20, and then the regular gst pst amount. brokerage only refers to the cost that UPS charges for dealing with duties for you. Usually this is a lot more then $20 from UPS, but tirerack must have got a deal with UPS. Anyways on there site you can see all the cost beofre you purchase.

·
Registered
129 Posts
+1 on ordering from tirerack. Best price on alpina p2's here in Regina was 300 ea plus tax. Had 4 delivered to my door for total 782 all fees paid. Ordered on a Saturday and arrived the next Thursday.
Clueng, we should hook up in the winter and do a side by side start and stop test Dunlop Vs Michelin

·
Registered
582 Posts
Oh yeah of course I had to pay for gst pst, duties was $22, brokerage $20, and then the regular gst pst amount. brokerage only refers to the cost that UPS charges for dealing with duties for you. Usually this is a lot more then $20 from UPS, but tirerack must have got a deal with UPS. Anyways on there site you can see all the cost beofre you purchase.
So for your GST and PST only to be $22 your order was only for about $170. Makes a bigger difference when your tires are circa $400 each.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My order was $360 for four winter tires. you have to pay gst and pst whether you buy from tirerack or local, most people complain about brokerage and it is now a flat rate of $20. Take a look for yourself at the end cost for your tires, everyone that I have ever asked or talked to have saved by buying from tirerack except a friend who looked into buying truck tires and shipping was like $200 because they are so big.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hrm
I paid $880 locally for WS-60s (installed, balanced, etc)... next set (my summers since I'm upgrading rims) will be coming from the US.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i used tiredeals4less.com i found them alot cheaper than tirerack. service was great too.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My order was $360 for four winter tires. you have to pay gst and pst whether you buy from tirerack or local, most people complain about brokerage and it is now a flat rate of $20. Take a look for yourself at the end cost for your tires, everyone that I have ever asked or talked to have saved by buying from tirerack except a friend who looked into buying truck tires and shipping was like $200 because they are so big.
Ahh, you only paid GST then at 6%. In BC we also get hit by a provincial tax of 7%.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts