BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmmm, I dont think this has been posted before, I have used the search function and have found nothing. I am interested in the wing type opening door that is on lamborghinis. I have seen these on the hamann car that is fully modified, it is probably the company car. Does anyone know where I can get these type of doors for e46? Or if I can modify the stock door to do it? so when i open it it folds up. I think this would look :pimpin: Any info on this would be great, thanks. Sorry if this is a repost.

·
modder fokker
6,883 Posts
Its a silly question. You would have to work 4 years to afford those doors and if you are rich just buy a lambo :)

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,763 Posts
Look around for Essen pictures. I have seen tons of pics of Hamann's Gull wing doors. I think it looks very wrong but hey if you like it. Custom job for around 80K.

Tim

·
Registered
443 Posts
80K!!!! that is a M3 and whole bunch of mods there ;)

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,763 Posts
Hummm.....well when I ran store.E46Fanatics.com and we had our Wheel Power account I called and talk to my rep about it for a customer. He said it would be 80K (Maybe it was 60K woo either way it is not reasonable) and the car would have to be shipped to Germany. Hamann will only do the conversion in Germany and the doors are replaced with Carbon/Kevlar so they are reasonable to lift.

Tim

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
naw, it don't cost that much! my friend got it done on his integra the same way the hamann one is, even before the hamann one came out, for about $2000-3000! and his car won best of show for every car show he showed!

·
Registered
644 Posts
There are TONS of Japanese imports out there with gullwings, I can't imagine that it could be costing them 80K considering they are modding 10K cars ... I think it looks just as silly on a Honda as it does on a Bimmer ... but oh well, gotta be different to win at shows ...

·
Registered
656 Posts
i guarantee it is not 80k because I know its different but some kid I know at a car show did it to his NSX and it did not cost more than 7k

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,763 Posts
Does anyone listen to me? Store.E46Fanatics.com had a Wheel Power account. I didn't just pull this number out of my ass this is what Wheel Power told me. Yes I realize that you can get it done for cheaper but that is what Wheel Power/Hamann charges (or did when I called)

:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Tim

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
ya i can attest to Tim's statement...we were thinkin about doin them on the projectM3 until the price was mentioned..lol

So he is not pullin this outta the air

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,763 Posts
Thanks John! I knew it was you that I called for but didn't want to say as customer info is always confidential.

Tim

·
Registered
128 Posts
Theres a company in the SanFernando valley that does it for around 10 -15k. Nice job.........had a few cars at the auto show. I have there card somewhere.........pm me and I will try to find it if you are serious.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts