BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sedan without the full Cold Weather Package and thus the rear seats do not fold down.

I have access to a frontal impact totaled coupe with matching Black Leather. It's seats obviously do fold down.

Is it possibly to do a complete fold down rear seat retro fit using the seats from a 2 door? If so, what would this entail?

-MD

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Four door seat swap

If coupe to sedan does not work, how difficult would it be if I were to find a pair of matching seats with the cold weather package in a sedan?

-MD

·
Registered
638 Posts
I don't think the coupes are as wide as the sedans are. Therefore, I don't think they will fit. If I were you, I would sell my coupe seats and get sedan ones - they shouldn't be too hard to find. Check Bavarian recycling: http://www.bmrparts.com/ or your local Craigs List listings, eBay, etc.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coupe Seats vs Sedan Seats

I don't own the coupe seats, at least not yet.

Are there any model year changes I need to keep track of when trying to fit the cold weather package equivalent? I assume I am looking for a 60/40 split.

Bavarian recycling I had never seen, thanks for the tip.

-MD

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
Not worth it, brings down the chasis rigidity quite a bit, I mean it's fairly rigid, but I honestly wouldn't want to sacrifice performance for something I use maybe twice a year. If I could get rid of mine, I would.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, that makes sense.

However I had one last question, if I decided to go ahead and go through with it would I need to replace the lower seat as well as the back or just the back?

And I wouldn't be asking if I had plans to drive the car as it feels great on the road even with a backseat full of idiots. ;)

-MD

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seats

Ok, let's assume I can handle removing the seat backing. Are the seat bottoms the same part for both the 4dr with and without the Cold Weather Package?

-MD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts