BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was frustrating to search this, considering the 3 letter limit...

is there any easy way to have it so fogs are always on? I know its simple to push a button, but I was just curious... Im not all that great with wiring so i didnt want to go messing around with it.. anyone have any success?

·
Registered
133 Posts
someone once recommended if you want to do a search on something with less than 4 letters, add an asterisk (*) at the beginning or end of the short word.
did you try that?

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,246 Posts
you could have typed fog*

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
Whatcha mean by always on? It's not that hard to do but I must ask WHY????

rk

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,821 Posts
search for "fog" by using "fog*" however this is a worthless search because it will return every post with fog in it, most of which will not have to do with having them on all the time.

A better search would be "fog* AND always" or something like that.

Beyond that is it foggy where you live all the time?

Tim

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k i searched and didnt find much... anyone know how to a) have the fogs always on, and b) have them on with the brights?

·
E46Fanatic
3,134 Posts
menace3054 said:
k i searched and didnt find much... anyone know how to a) have the fogs always on, and b) have them on with the brights?
a) you'd probably have to disconnect them from your corner lights so they run straight off the switch. you may need a relay, not sure on the wiring system for our fogs.

b) it's totally unnecessary for the fogs to be on with the brights. they will be useless and just draw more power

·
Registered
726 Posts
im guessing you dont want them for functionality really but mainly for asthetics so just answer his question if you can and dont just give b/s remarks unless you want to comment that you like the idea...

I like your idea, and i hope someone answers this soon

·
Registered
595 Posts
I think it is illegal to have more than two pairs of lights on at the same time. That's the reason why whenever you turn on your high beam, your fogs turn off.

·
alfisti & bimmer fan
2,096 Posts
sdbimmer said:
I think it is illegal to have more than two pairs of lights on at the same time. That's the reason why whenever you turn on your high beam, your fogs turn off.
thats in the US spec cars?, i can have the 6 lights on :dunno:

·
Bahn Burnah
2,438 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by dbtheo
sorry, not trying to hijack the thread but, what about getting the foggers to stay on when the brights are on?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I repeat the question. I'm just curious, seen it once before, wanted to take some pictures of the car like that. Not actually drive around with all of them on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts