BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep my headlites on Automatic, so they turn on when I start up the car. Is there a way to have my Fog lights also turn on automatically when I start up the car ?

I keep my wipers in the rain sensor position. I notice that when it starts raining the wipers don;t start by themselves, I have to turn them on for the 1st pass and then they operate with in the sensor mode, is this how they are supposed to operate ???

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
to the second - yes.
to the first, what's the point, they are fog lights and should (legaly) only be used when there is fog.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
R1man1963 said:
I keep my headlites on Automatic, so they turn on when I start up the car. Is there a way to have my Fog lights also turn on automatically when I start up the car ?

I keep my wipers in the rain sensor position. I notice that when it starts raining the wipers don;t start by themselves, I have to turn them on for the 1st pass and then they operate with in the sensor mode, is this how they are supposed to operate ???
Question One: I don't know, but would like to also.
Question Two: I just figured that out when it started raining here last week. I think it's normal, but I had the same thought you're having. If they can sense it, why do I have to tell them??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the wiper question. The reason for the fog lites is cause I keep them on all the time and instead of having to turn them on each time, maybe there is a way to keep them on

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,528 Posts
Gucki83 said:
Question One: I don't know, but would like to also.
Question Two: I just figured that out when it started raining here last week. I think it's normal, but I had the same thought you're having. If they can sense it, why do I have to tell them??
Because otherwise they would go on when you're washing your car (or are at the carwash), or anytime the windshield got even a little wet (like if you're Windexing it). Once the ignition goes to 'off', you need to reactive the wiper.

On the other subject, are they fog lights or multi-purpose driving lights?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhh so true on the wiper thing, never thought of that !!!!

I keep fog lights on alll the time cause they look cool to me, to each their own I guesss, now, figure out a way to turn them on auto with the headlights !!!!! Thanks

Sicily1918 said:
Because otherwise they would go on when you're washing your car (or are at the carwash), or anytime the windshield got even a little wet (like if you're Windexing it). Once the ignition goes to 'off', you need to reactive the wiper.

On the other subject, are they fog lights or multi-purpose driving lights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts