E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Any way to get that film off the headlight? I just bought an xi and one headlight is clear the other is cloudy. HELP!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
seal gone and/or cracked lens.
repair or replace...
if you replace the lens, you'd be better replacing both, as they won't show the same wear and it would look weird.

EDIT:
I might have not got you right... if you have condensation inside, what I wrote applies. Otherwise click here.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Is it condensation or is the lens just dim from years of crap hitting it? The approach varies depending on the problem.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
its on the outside definately. Any thoughts or just replace the light?
I generally don't use or recommend non-OEM parts, but I've been quite happy with these headlight cover replacements from Khoalty:
http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/lights/headlight-lens-replacement.html

OEM covers are $100+ per side - quite a bit more than these at $72/pair.

Edit - Khoalty's covers are OEM for you're car (pre-facelift). For mine (facelift), they're not OEM but are said to be from a legitimate German manufacturer....

·
Registered
599 Posts
Is the lens, "pitted," from debris hitting it while driving (this causes cloudiness) or is it cloudy from condensation?

If only 1 side is cloudy and they were installed at the same time and or original, this would imply it's condensation as an equal amount of debris should be hitting both head light covers at the same time.

Pictures would help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts