BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed tonight that the 3rd brake light area was fogged over, as well as teh rest of the window. Is this normal, or maybe it's from getting my windows tinted? Just wondering....

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,784 Posts
foggy or little bubbles ?

·
Go fast Daddy!
227 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, until a couple of days from now after the tint has cured. Tint shops use water during the application which turns to water vapor as it dissipates. I suppose that some of the water vapor is collecting from the tint as it evaporates.

Foggy tint is normal for the first several days - with "several" dependent upon ambient temperature and humidity. I suspect that if its cold where you are, it will take longer. As the tint "cures" the water evaporates and your tint becomes clear. When that occurs, remove your third brake light cover and clean behind it. I suspect your fogging problem will disappear.

If its not gone in a week to 10 days, take it back to your tint shop.

BTW, love the sig!

·
blackonblack
269 Posts
sp330i said:
I wouldn't worry about it, until a couple of days from now after the tint has cured. Tint shops use water during the application which turns to water vapor as it dissipates. I suppose that some of the water vapor is collecting from the tint as it evaporates.

Foggy tint is normal for the first several days - with "several" dependent upon ambient temperature and humidity. I suspect that if its cold where you are, it will take longer. As the tint "cures" the water evaporates and your tint becomes clear. When that occurs, remove your third brake light cover and clean behind it. I suspect your fogging problem will disappear.

If its not gone in a week to 10 days, take it back to your tint shop.

BTW, love the sig!
I just got my tints done last week...my tint shop said exactly the same thing. I noticed that my view out my back window was a bit hazy. He told me to "park it in the sun", the water will evaporate in a few days.

I parked my car in the sun all day yesterday...too bad it was 13 degrees in Chicago!!!! It will just take time.

sig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts