BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my Mtech bumper and fogs but I previously did not have fogs, hence no fog switch. Called the dealer and they can not just sell the switch, they have to sell the whole cluster and I am not buying all of that since you have to get that activated by the dealer cuz of odometer and stuff. So, where can I find a real good switch to put in its place? I dont want these cheezy switches you can buy at like autozone or something or any toggles long radio shack ****. I want a good switch. Any suggestions? Thanks! :confused:

·
'a certain moderator'
36,771 Posts
would it be possible to wire the fogs straight to the headlights, or to have them on their own power supply, but tied into the same switch as the headlights are?

i would love this, if my headlights are on, i want my fogs to be on too, and i always have to hit the switch.

thats an idea for ya, if the piece is too much $ from the dealer.

call Circle, Pacific, or BMA Auto Parts (i believe i gave u the # before :D)

·
Registered
222 Posts
mbixler said:
Well I just got my Mtech bumper and fogs but I previously did not have fogs, hence no fog switch. Called the dealer and they can not just sell the switch, they have to sell the whole cluster and I am not buying all of that since you have to get that activated by the dealer cuz of odometer and stuff.
I'm not sure I follow you - this isn't part of the cluster. If you order a complete LCM you'll need to have it coded by the dealer as it holds the odometer and other data, but you can order just the switch faceplate, which should be enough to enable your fog lights. To come up with the correct part number, I'd need to know if you have auto lights, xenon or halogen, rain sensor or not. But your dealer should be able to find all that info - have them look at ETK diagram 61_1060 for the "Control, switch unit for lights". That's just the switchplate and it can be changed without needing any re-coding by the dealer. Of course, you need the fog light relay and all the associated wiring, but you knew that, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts