BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fog Light Install...Pls Help...Problem w/ How To Info...

I have a 2002 330Cic and I'm trying to replace the fog lights right now--I can't figure out how to get to them.
I looked at the how-tos:
http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/ho...php?howto_id=15
the first step where you pull off the bottom trim piece is not working for me - it is pulled off all the way across, but it won't come out of the sides - I tried pulling really hard in different directions etc., but i don't want to break it - any advice??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Guess it would have been smart to look under the how-tos. That might explain why I got nothing in my search.:banghead: :banghead:

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,257 Posts
glad you figured it out. :thumbup:

Perhaps share your experience with what worked in getting the piece off with the rest of the Fanatics?

also... thanks for Searching, I'm always glad when someone takes the effort to find something rather then clutter the board with repitious (sp?) questions... :thumbup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, there wasn't much involved in solving the problem. The entire bottom piece was pretty much off except each corner at the bottom. It all came out exactly like the How-to said it would except each corner. Finally, after saying the hell with it, I pulled as hard as I could and there was a loud snap and one corner popped out, repeated on the other side. I can't believe that thing can handle that much pressure. The corners have the same tabs as the rest of the piece, but they must have more pressure holding them in or something.
It's also worth noting that when you pull the assembly out you have to pull downwards or it won't come out no matter how hard you pull. The DIY doesn't say that, but pulling in a downward direction is important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts