BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering... I am looking for a set of bulbs for my fog lights that match the xenons in color 99%... ive heard that some of you guys use SPP or PIAA? what is the brand AND model of the bulb, how long do they last, how well do they match... and where is the best place I can order a set..?

I have a 2000 323ci factory xenons... just so ya know..! THANKS to all that reply! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
the bulb is #9006. there has been many threads on this and you can do a :search: on 9006. there were actual comparison pictures. i've been hearing good things about SPP, HOEN, and UMNITZA (supposedly their new product is coming out within this week)

·
Obey my dog
2,643 Posts
evoryu said:
the bulb is #9006. there has been many threads on this and you can do a :search: on 9006. there were actual comparison pictures. i've been hearing good things about SPP, HOEN, and UMNITZA (supposedly their new product is coming out within this week)
:werd: :search: :repost: :search:

·
Registered
534 Posts
i have spp's and they are great...29.99...but they did do a group buy for 25.00/pair and there is a one year warranty...

·
Registered
85 Posts
i bought the SPP from Umnitza. it matches well with the 43 stock imo. however, with the xenons ON, they don't do schit as far as lighting up the road for you. it looks pretty cool though.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which SPP bulbs are they... I know they are 9006 but what kind... u know... like how PIAA has Platinum White... Xtreme White... Plasma Spark Blue... etc...

The SPP bulbs how well do they match...? They look like they have more of a pinkish/purplish tint than the xenons...?!?!?

Do the bulbs run hot at all???? I dont want melted wiring connectors... :dunno:

·
Registered
534 Posts
MilleniumBimmer said:
Which SPP bulbs are they... I know they are 9006 but what kind... u know... like how PIAA has Platinum White... Xtreme White... Plasma Spark Blue... etc...

The SPP bulbs how well do they match...? They look like they have more of a pinkish/purplish tint than the xenons...?!?!?

Do the bulbs run hot at all???? I dont want melted wiring connectors... :dunno:
that pic above is SPP..theyre not exact but the best match ive seen from a non-hid kit.....SPP precision optics superwhite, 9006 fitment, and i would suggest 55w (stock) to keep them running the same.....they have an 80w version but i didnt want to run anything higher for fear of burning a wire or the housing....

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
whatever u do........DO NOT buy the PIAA ones............rip off, SPP's r better and cheaper

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,922 Posts
really? PIAA's quality must have gone down.
I ran the same set of PIAA's in my headlights for over 2 1/2 years with no problems.

edit: on my old car

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have PIAA Xtreme White 9006 in my car now.... have had em for 2 months, havent burned out, use em every night... they match very well...almost cant tell they arent HID id say 98% from 8 ft+ away standing directly in front of the car... However they still have a bit of yellow to them when standing next to the car at night... do the spps have the same problem?!?!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just want to let everyone know i recieved my SPP fog light bulbs, 100% satisfied and its pretty close to a 100% match. I dunno if anyone could make it any better.

Eric at spp is super good to deal with and got them within the period i was told, and i live in Canada. ill try to post pics soon

1 - 20 of 29 Posts