E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My driver's side fog light went, so I figured now would be a great time to try some yellow fogs. I picked up some Nokya Arctic Yellow 2500k H11 size, since all the information I gathered indicated that sport package E46 sedans after 2002 all use this bulb.

So imagine my shock when I pulled out my fog lights for the first time and saw that I had 9006 bulbs! :banghead:

I went and grabbed some cheap Sylvania's at Auto Zone. I had the guy check his computer, and sure enough my car was supposed to use H11s! :wtf:

I thought maybe the PO had put in after market fogs, but near as I can tell, these assemblies have the BMW logo on them and say ZKW and Made in Austria. Does the oval sport foglight assembly from prior to 2002 actually fit in the later cars? Any other thoughts on how I could have gotten this so wrong?

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
ya u probably went off sylvania's site or something. the original non-sport bumper takes h11, the mtech1 that u pictured takes 9006 like MOST other stock fogs

·
Registered
366 Posts
9006 bulbs for those.

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts